BMW M6 - Rig Shots

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
Great shots Sammy - I would love to see a 'behind the scenes' shot showing the rig set up, or an unedited version of one of the shots above? I assume that the rig is attached to the car and is in the unedited image, but is removed in PS?

Cheers,

Rob

good stuff, have you added additional blur in number 5

looks odd by the drivers door

oh yeah, didn't notice that, I have checked the original RAW file and it is not like that, no additional blur has been added. I think what has happened is that when I have added the windscreen with the driver in it I have accidentally taken some of the static background in, not sure how I managed that.

Yeah on checking the photoshop file the layer with the windscreen has some of the verge in it, trimmed it off and here is the shot as it should be...

Steve M6 26 by SDUK SDUK, on Flickr

I like the shots in the main, but for me the M6, lovely beast that it is, isn't awesome in the booty area :p
it works but it's not the best feature of the care, therefore elongating it and distorting the proportions isn't as flattering for me.
#4 and #5 are the best for me

Great shots Sammy - I would love to see a 'behind the scenes' shot showing the rig set up, or an unedited version of one of the shots above? I assume that the rig is attached to the car and is in the unedited image, but is removed in PS?

Cheers,

Rob

thanks Rob, yeah the rig is attached to the car and then removed in photoshop. Here are a couple of iPhone photos of the set up...

FullSizeRender by SDUK SDUK, on Flickr

FullSizeRender[1] by SDUK SDUK, on Flickr

FullSizeRender[2] by SDUK SDUK, on Flickr

and one with the rig still attached...

DSC08560 copy by SDUK SDUK, on Flickr

haha yeah take a separate shot with the owner in the driver seat and then merge. Not too much effort to push the car on the flat, plus its a slow speed, only moves about 3-4m in total per shot. Just gives the illusion of speed.

The owners don't usually mind as they get great photos of their car in return :) I do get it easy though, just stand and use the remote lol

Not keen on the amount of distortion in that front view - its turned the car from an M6 to a Z4.

Not keen on the amount of distortion in that front view - its turned the car from an M6 to a Z4.

I have to agree with that. The distortion is a bit whacky, ie. I wouldn't have guessed the car's model.

Great effort again! #3 is best of them all, but things to look out for buddy again: clarity and sharpening - the black outlines really do stand out, e.g. 1st shot around the white center line on the road etc. Same applies if you used gradients - dragging it down too much affects blue paintwork where it becomes black (could be just other pp work but seems like a gradient issue). Something is a bit weird above the headlight on #4 - rig reflection? In #5 is that added blur as suddenly the blur drops a bit too much. All just tiny things to keep an eye out. Do you never do still shots? Rigs are great, but it's nice to see a whole set, imo!
Keep it practicing, good work!

Back