body boarding, seascape, in camera effect

Name
Lynda
Edit My Images
Yes
Put this in general as it crosses several genres. Taken using one of the 'magic' settings on my wee waterproof. Personally, I like the way the effect renders the water but would be interested to hear the opinions of others. Straight out of the camera apart from a crop on the first.

View attachment 24703 View attachment 24704

The processing just dominates the images.. and not in a good way. They're not HDR either, as they're derived from a single exposure. Even at this size I can see that the processing has utterly destroyed the quality of them. Noisy, dark, extremely poor tonal range. Poor highlight detail, which is ironic in a "HDR" shot :)

Hi, thanks for your honest reply. Tbh, i can't argue. I get caught up in the personal aspect of the image. I still like the shapes in the waves and the moment caught, but yes, the quality isn't the best. I take your point about 'hdr' too. Couldn't think of how else to describe the 'effect'. :)

when I saw hdr and then the images I cried a little inside im afraid. A tip for hrd is to process the 'correctly exposed' shot and merge that with the hrd so give a very delicate hrd effect, if people can tell its a hrd you've probably over cooked it.

I meant to take the hdr out of the title, soz. It's not at all, as has been pointed out :)
It might have been better to call it a painterly effect. Any hoo, you'll be pleased to know that i'm bored with the setting now (new camera and all that)

Back