Bonfire Bowl - Birmingham 4/11/2006.

Edit My Images
Yes
More sport. I am sorry.

These were taken at the BonFire Bowl, the second part of yesterdays workload. A total 'photographic' contrast to the days events, in that it was cold and damp.

Birmingham UNi. vs. Aberystwyth UNi, the opening game of the College season here in the UK. 3000 people there which was a nice turn out.

For reference, light was poor and even wide open at 2.8 - 1600 ISO I was only getting a shutter speed of 1/100 !!!!

As such, this is when you try and nail shots that are static or with limited movement. It is funny that in someways, shooting at that speed can actually convey movement (see the guy with Jersey 28). Some white balance changes made in camera here. Some less than pinsharp due to shutter speed.

Enjoy as ever and comments welcome.(y)

UNPT1980.jpg

UN_PTBB41120066.jpg

UN_PTBB41120062.jpg

UN_PTBB41120061.jpg

UN_PTBB41120063.jpg

UN_PTBB41120064.jpg

UN_PTBB41120065.jpg

Glad to see that American Football fans the world over still wear no shirts on freezing cold nights! Great shots.

Great photos again! Some have a very slight colour cast however. #2 in each set shows it most.

But then it could be my work monitor so feel free to ignore me :bonk:

Good set of action pictures - could get me converted to "Funny rugby" Did'nt have oxygen boost in my day - surely could be classed as dug assistance if he returns to the field!

Good set of action pictures - could get me converted to "Funny rugby" Did'nt have oxygen boost in my day - surely could be classed as dug assistance if he returns to the field!

Cheers.

For reference, he was on Oxygen as his left knee popped out and the bone came through the skin. Apparently he will never play sport again going but what I saw and heard. :(

Back