Bonus Osprey, Powderham, Devon

Edit My Images
No
I went over to Powderham yet again this morning to try for kingfishers - lots of activity but nothing to show for it, grrr!!
Anyway, this guy flew right over me - bonus!
We quite often have ospreys using the Exe estuary as a navigation point both up and down.
They've even been known to lurk about for a whole season. These are generally considered to be two year old birds who have an urge to go north, but not too far north!
I'd say that the orange eyes suggest that this is one of this year's.

Juvenile Osprey, Powderham, Devon by chriswilson4646, on Flickr

I'll post a few more shots on the blog on my site later.

As always, thanks for looking
cheers, cw

Living in Cornwall I sometimes go up to Powderham marshes, stunning shot of this beautiful Osprey, bet you must be chuffed Chris! :)

Think you did well to get such detail against the sky, Would not have expected to see an Osprey here in the south.

Nice image Chris,
All seemed to be going well and most of the Ospreys are gone, Richard posted what i'm sure will turn out to be a bit of sad news regarding one of the Abernethy youngsters.
http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/pl...-from-me-before-you-39-d-better-sit-down.aspx

Gordon.
Many thanks Gordon - I know you know your ospreys!
Sad news indeed. I've met Richard a few times and I know he and his team care deeply for these birds.
I know they've only just gone but I may well pester you for a session or two next year......

cheers, cw

Hi Chris,
Odin is still here and three others this morning, I am just about to go wrestle some Bears in Canada for a month and will be looking at taking bookings for next year when I get back......... unless the bears win.
Thanks Gordon.

Back