Book of Mirrors promo poster

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Another poster design; this time for a forthcoming steampunk musical being performed at the Minack Theatre. I took my inspiration from the title sequence in the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies; I felt it fitted the Steampunk genre suitably well.

Thoughts as ever

Cheers

Spooks

Book of Mirrors promo by Spooky 173, on Flickr

That looks great (y) all aspects work well together (y) I wonder thought if the website should get a little more prominent billing in the poster since most will look for the website these days (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Very nice Simon, love the processing and the use of layers, certainly gets my vote (y)

Some posters ive seen are too heavily filled, this has the perfect balance and straight to the point

Looks great, everything seems to tie in together nicely and the fonts work with the theme. The texture layer obviously works well but i can't help feel that the model/actress is a bit too sharp and clean and maybe another light texture layer with a pin light blend over the top would help?

Thanks for the thumbs up and positive comments; glad you think it works. Will have a look at making the web address a touch more prominant and experiment with another texture layer.

Cheers

Simon

Spooky said:
Thanks for the thumbs up and positive comments; glad you think it works. Will have a look at making the web address a touch more prominant and experiment with another texture layer.

Cheers

Simon

I sometimes hate giving honest critique on good images and feel like im walking on eggshells when i mention things lol but that's what its all about i guess.
Good stuff tho

Absolutely love it Simon. All fits together perfectly - and the font and textures are spot on.

Out of curiosity I'm wondering how it would look with the actress "flipped around" so that she was facing inwards towards the text . . . but I suspect that it probably works better as it is.

Back