Both my cameras are having problems

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
*rewrote the post*

Firstly canon 1000d - Autofocus parts dont light up red through the viewfinder anymore, well... its there but really really faint like its out of focus (since i cleaned the inside of the camera so i have probably moved something or broke it). and still got the random problem of it not allowing me to select certain images to set the custom white balance off.

secondly olympus x-15 (point and shoot) gf currently has this over in america with her but she said last night that its saying all the images are write protected so she cant delete them off her computer (is this the camera or a laptop problem?).

I managed to find the reciept for the canon last night and as i have only had it since sept last year ill be nipping to jessops after work to see what they say.

I can always hope they will replace it :LOL: as i NEED it for my holiday in just under 3 week time but i really doubt they will be that nice lol.

The focus screen is held in with a small metal clip. It sounds like you may have dislodged it. I'll see if I can find info on it ...

http://www.katzeyeoptics.com/files/install7.pdf thats the instructions for fitting the Katzeye screen but they should help you make sure your screen is right. If you dont feel confident, then I'd take to an authorised repair shop to get it sorted.

Is there a wee switch on the side of the XD card? If so it sounds like it has been bumped down into the locked position, that would prevent the files being deleted.

Try phoning Canon today, to see if they can offer you any advice. I think (not 100% sure) that if you return it to Jessops, they will then return it Canon who will then return it to them to return to you -> could be a lot quicker to return yourself directly. :shrug:

flash: i thought it may be something like that will have to get her to check, when i next manage to speak to her.

andy: I may try that although if they send it off to canon they send it to another local shop who is a canon repair place, so may just try them depending what jessops say.

flash: i thought it may be something like that will have to get her to check, when i next manage to speak to her.

andy: I may try that although if they send it off to canon they send it to another local shop who is a canon repair place, so may just try them depending what jessops say.

If the Canon authorised pace is local just pop along to them and take your receipt for the camera with you, but remember, if this is something you have caused through your own actions (which it sounds like) they may charge you...

The focus screens, in the consumer range of Canon DSLR's at least, seem to be marked very easily. I scuffed one up in a 450D with a cotton bud, no problem :bonk: This had the effect of dimming the focus LEDs significantly. As did fitting the replacement in upside down :bonk::bonk: New focus screen was the solution though. About a tenner from a Canon repair agent. Easy, if fiddly, to fit yourself (just remember which way up the old one came out :bang: )

Re: white balance problem. Do the images used for setting custom WB have to be taken in spot metering mode? (Think I read this in the manual but am too lazy to walk across the room and check). If so, is it possible the pics you are unable to set a custom WB off weren't spot metered?

just taken it to h.lehmans the canon repair place, being fixed and should be 7-10 days.

dudie: i think thats what happened iv marked it or something stupid, but its being fixed under warrenty now, i wouldnt trust myself to do it lol.

as for wb problem im beginning to think its because i cant use a picture that was taken in a different mode ie cant use a image taken in shutter priority when setting the wb in av

Back