Critique brands btcc (again sorry)

Name
ricky
Edit My Images
Yes
taken with a 400d and sigma 70-200 f/2.8 ex dg II, i dont own a mono pod, and couldnt get higher so the fence i was stood in front kinda got in the way on most shots so i apologise for that.

open to suggestions of what i can do to improve the images, i feel i'm missing something but i cant think what,

the first couple of images are a little on the dark side, they are kinda what i was going for, but i cant help but feel i have executed them poorly

IMG_6471 by rburtonshaw, on Flickr

IMG_6455 by rburtonshaw, on Flickr

IMG_6445 by rburtonshaw, on Flickr

IMG_6444 by rburtonshaw, on Flickr

IMG_6401 by rburtonshaw, on Flickr

IMG_6424 by rburtonshaw, on Flickr

IMG_6415 by rburtonshaw, on Flickr

IMG_6408 by rburtonshaw, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nothing really wrong with these shots, apart from the first couple that are too dark, you can play about with post processing (levels, curves, shadow/highlights) to improve that and crop out the barrier. You can definitely crop out the barrier, as that does nothing to the images. You don't need a monopod for a 70-200mm lens, you should be able to handhold that no problem. A longer lens will focus beyond the barrier. You shutter speeds were quite high, 1/400-500 sec, you could bring this down to add some more motion blur into the images, but gradually bring it down to a level that you still feel happy with the image, think about you autofocus point, it doesn't have to be in the middle. Just small adjustments, but a good set of images. Perhaps next time, a small set of steps could help to get you a bit higher, so the barriers not in your photo.

Nothing really wrong with these shots, apart from the first couple that are too dark, you can play about with post processing (levels, curves, shadow/highlights) to improve that and crop out the barrier. You can definitely crop out the barrier, as that does nothing to the images. You don't need a monopod for a 70-200mm lens, you should be able to handhold that no problem. A longer lens will focus beyond the barrier. You shutter speeds were quite high, 1/400-500 sec, you could bring this down to add some more motion blur into the images, but gradually bring it down to a level that you still feel happy with the image, think about you autofocus point, it doesn't have to be in the middle. Just small adjustments, but a good set of images. Perhaps next time, a small set of steps could help to get you a bit higher, so the barriers not in your photo.

thanks,

i did try bringing the shutter speeds down, but i just couldn't get the shots hooked up, will have to practice tracking moving objects

So as Pete has pretty much covered everything the one main thing for me is have a walk round the rest of the circuit especially the GP circuit. There's loads of good angles to be had and a 70-200 is pretty much perfect.

So as Pete has pretty much covered everything the one main thing for me is have a walk round the rest of the circuit especially the GP circuit. There's loads of good angles to be had and a 70-200 is pretty much perfect.

thanks, unfortunately i had the fiance in tow, and was doing the kevin the teenager impression when i wanted to walk around the circuit.. i normally go with a mate and we leave the girls and walk off, to find different spots.

Back