Brands Hatch F3

Im losing this 'discussion' badly :D

no your not.

The BTCC is a great race series, its action packed and always hase been. As for it being glorified dodgems, then thats cool as it makes it alot more interesting to watch.

I must admit i've not really seen an of the British GT championship but now i've seen a couple of clips (thanks you tube). I think I will be keeping a close eye on it and head upto an event.

no your not.

The BTCC is a great race series, its action packed and always hase been. As for it being glorified dodgems, then thats cool as it makes it alot more interesting to watch.

totaly agree with Dal :) i love watching btcc and all the other races they have on the same days.

havent been for a couple years, must realy get back to thruxton next time its on :)

whats the best corner to stand at there ? ive never be with a decent camera :bat:

totaly agree with Dal :) i love watching btcc and all the other races they have on the same days.

havent been for a couple years, must realy get back to thruxton next time its on :)

whats the best corner to stand at there ? ive never be with a decent camera :bat:

no idea at thruxton, i've only ever done a racing experience there and doing 120mph in a single seater seems slow there lol.

lol, isnt thruxton the fastest track on the btcc calender ?

at thruxton the best thing to do is stand on the mound all day and take head on photos of the cars coming out of the chicane. Well at least that's what most people seem to do. But with some imagination you can still get some fine shots. There isn't much choice at thruxton because half the circuit is out of bounds. The bar beer garden is a good place though.

I like all the shots but the sig ruins them for me the Xy is too dominant.

Have to go for #4! made me chuckle, not your typical motorsport shot!

Fine - if its crashes you want - BTCC will do you just fine. I still stand that its a poor relation of its poorer self. Open wheel racers tend to have more brain cells as tangling wheels is a potentially huge accident, but there are lots of series where there is close and hard racing without the dodgem factor.

Thruxton is the venue with the highest average speed. Snetterton has the longest straight in the UK, and the start line straight is quite long as well the the corners on either end of both straights are somewhat tighter than a lot of Thruxton. Quite what the peak speed they reach at Snett and Thruxton is - I don't know.

Last edited:
Tbh if you want really close racing and great sportsmanship club racing is the best. A majority of championships are closly battled and all the drivers have a great level of respect for each other so therefore less dodgems etc.

the entry into the hairpin at rockingham is probably the fastest point on a track that BTCC or BGT visit. But thats just a guess.

I notice a lot of people say that thruxton is the fastest circuit in the UK, but after witnessing a champ car average 215mph around rockingham, i would say that they are wrong.

Back