Breakfast on Crib Goch

Edit My Images
No
What a day I've had! Up at 5.30am, climbed Crib Goch alone and in the dark (always a bit spooky) and sat shivering for half an hour waiting for some light. Breakfast was a simple affair...Jaffa Cakes!

With a couple of photos in the bag I scarpered off round the Snowdon Horseshoe. I doesn't matter how many times I do it, it never gets boring and on a day like today it's a balm for the soul.

Thanks for looking :)

Daybreak - The Snowdon Horsehoe by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

A glorious dawn - Y Glyderau, Dyffryn Mymbyr and Moel Siabod from Crib Goch by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

A couple of crackers there Nick and it looks like you had a fine morning for it. Number 1 for me - great depth to the shot with that foreground leading in.

Can't complain living up here in Scotland but I did enjoy those hills growing up.

Both great shots Nick and I think I have a preference for the second one. This is mainly down to the small patches of water throughout the photo that reflect the light.

Two fantastic shots Nick ,you couldn't ask for better light, Crib Goch in the dark ! Your one brave soul.

I love the second, what an amazing sky!

And yes, brave on crib goch in the dark! :)

Two wonderful images! For me, the extra serenity and colour-harmony of #2 has it in front by a short nose.

Can't beat Jaffa Cakes for breakfast Nick ;)

And on topic - your second shot is my favourite of the two. I love the depth of field and the colours captured :)

Cant beat that Nick.

Two great shots Nick. It's a shame to make a choice, but for me No 2 just edges it. Crib Goch in the dark, alone. Brave fellow.

I prefer the vista in no2 but both are fine shots with some great morning light!

Excellent work Nick, your efforts certainly paid off.

Great pictures both Nick, The light on #1 is exquisite but for pure landscape beauty it has to be #2

Geoff

Two wonderful images Nick. That first one is just superb. I've never done the Crib Coch route and probably never will as I think my fear of heights has grown over the years. That said if you'd promised me that I could get an image like that then I'd have been donning my boots very quickly.

The early morning glow against the the side of Snowdon, the spindly clouds in the sky, the recession towards the coast and the super lead in line along the ridge to the summit all make this one an absolutely winner. Thanks for sharing what was probably quite a special moment.

Couple of great shots of my favourite place! Always makes you feel alive coming up Crib Goch.
Thanks for sharing

Beautiful images of a gorgeous place!

So envious of your trip and getting those images. I am so desperate to get up there and do the walk and to take some photos. Very interesting blog about your day i enjoyed reading it.

Excellent shots Nick. I prefer number 1 as it shows the whole route which leads the eye well, but both are very good. I can understand never getting bored with it. To rework a phrase from Heraclitus - You can never walk the same mountain twice.

Dave

Love the blog (and the pictures) felt like I was No2 on your heels! (If you can be on your heels scrambling Crib Goch). Fantastic arête how could you ever get bored with that, every way and every day is new!
Well done!

Very nice Nick - the light and shadows are sublime. Somwhere I have never visited but can see that I should!

Have another jaffa cake - well deserved!
:jaffa:

As you say, once you've seen a dawn on a beautiful landscape it is food for the soul. Mind you a cup of hot tea out of my flask whilst watching always helps too!

Your blog post is interesting, you write very well. It has a sincerity there too which is real, and not just advertising for your pictures. Quite probably it is that genuine love for the mountains that means you take such good shots. The first one instantly took me back 15 years to when I first climbed Crib Goch, but for me the second is a better photo. The strength of the warmth in the foreground and the coolness of the blue in the sky is wonderful.

Back