Brecon Beacons Waterfalls

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
Sorry to be the bearer of more autumnal Waterfall photos!

All of these were shot with the new Lee Landscape CPL.

Interested to know people's thoughts on these, I've been here before a couple of times but found it hard to shoot there.

1. Sgwd Ddwli Uchaf - Nikon D610 & Nikon 70-200 f/2.8
SJM_0935.jpg

2 & 3. Sgwd y Bedol

Nikon D610 & Nikon 70-200 f/2.8
SJM_0961.jpg

Nikon D610 & Nikon 16-35/4 VR
SJM_0957.jpg

4 & 5. Sgwd Gwladus

SJM_0980.jpg

SJM_0974.jpg

3 / 4 / 5 all very nice

3/4/5 for me also. I like the froth swirls on the water it adds to the main subject of the waterfall.

Cracking set Stu, i really love them. 3 and 4 are the clear winners for me and i'm really pushed to split the two.
3 the angle of the bank and the streaks in the water really leads you in. Like the low perspective and the 2 oak leaves. The person in the horizon gives an excellent sense of scale to the waterfall. Nice colour in the trees above the waterfall....
4 Really love the swirls in the water, great colour in the trees and also in the water. like the way the rock ledge sweeps down from the right hand corner and arcs through the image leading you into the falls and beyond.
The choice of shutter speed for me was spot on....

So why did you find it hard to shoot here in the past Stu? Beautiful place never actually made it back there yet! you did the place justice with your Photographs!
Well done, Nice Work!

Cracking set Stu, i really love them. 3 and 4 are the clear winners for me and i'm really pushed to split the two.
3 the angle of the bank and the streaks in the water really leads you in. Like the low perspective and the 2 oak leaves. The person in the horizon gives an excellent sense of scale to the waterfall. Nice colour in the trees above the waterfall....
4 Really love the swirls in the water, great colour in the trees and also in the water. like the way the rock ledge sweeps down from the right hand corner and arcs through the image leading you into the falls and beyond.
The choice of shutter speed for me was spot on....

So why did you find it hard to shoot here in the past Stu? Beautiful place never actually made it back there yet! you did the place justice with your Photographs!
Well done, Nice Work!

Cheers fella, you do give the best feedback! Nice to know which ones to work on properly. 3 and 4 look the best.

I think I've found it hard to shoot there as it's not a very natural subject for me, so had to work on composition. In the past I've used a wide lens which always makes the leaves look tiny, so this time have used longer lenses to fill the frame better. Didn't help on this occasion that most of the leaves had been blown off ;-)

Cheers fella, you do give the best feedback! Nice to know which ones to work on properly. 3 and 4 look the best.

I think I've found it hard to shoot there as it's not a very natural subject for me, so had to work on composition. In the past I've used a wide lens which always makes the leaves look tiny, so this time have used longer lenses to fill the frame better. Didn't help on this occasion that most of the leaves had been blown off ;-)

Thanks Mate! I try my best. I really appreciate this site, its helped me a lot with my Photography and i see this (critique) as a way of trying to give something back.
Its helped me to critique my own photos with a net result of me thinking oh no! i have still got a lot to learn and i'm running out of life to learn it ;).
I'm pleased that my thoughts help a little, being an glorified engineer at the end of the day, so i'm not very artistic, i just say what attacts me to the photo, some of it sounds a bit poncy to me sometimes and i cant believe ive typed it. I hope i dont offend anyone but then crit is really there to help us all improve i guess.
I do think sometimes composition is hardest thing to learn, and i admire those that are naturally artistic or have an "Eye" for a Photo.
I saw you used the 70-200... They look good to me... just that 3 & 4 IMHO appealed to me more. I always look at those shots with a 16-35mm because i have one, but just havnt had the time to use it very much yet (shame on me). I did read a review that said the 16-35 wasnt very sharp but i always take review with a pinch! cant see that with the few shots i have taken or any think with yours.
It seems most trees have either changed colour and the leaves have blown off, or they are still green and hanging on. I think it will be late this year because its so mild, either that or the wind will whip the lot off before we get the chance!
Anyhow keep up the nice work mate i really enjoyed this set

Back