Bridge at Dusk

Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first go at a 30 second exposure. I had a little difficulty with the sky getting blown out, but all in all I had a great day. This type of photography is becoming quite fun for me, and I am hoping to get better. This was taken in Lillehammer last week.

9769805902_a876f0251d_b.jpg
[/url]
Bridge (1) by pattypans, on Flickr[/IMG]

welcome Artoo

the compositional elements in bulk are good...the bridge does seem a bit truncated but you do have no cut off pylons at least and all is sharp
the lighting even though at dusk...i guess your take is un processed...could be treated by pp to enhance the bridge's prescence
small aperture this time enhances those small lights and i like that..not the usual over starred effects
the light on the lower left...suppressing it would give all the attention to the rhs..which i would guess might improve this shot

cheers
geoff

mrtoad: What do you think of this less cropped version?

9774919836_b5a823ac9e_b.jpg
[/url]
Bridge 2 by pattypans, on Flickr[/IMG]

I like your input, thank you for sharing.

Going past him looks pretty tight...looks like you were in a safe spot! That is definitely one beautiful part of Norway.

I converted this to B&W and am very pleased with it.
9785001831_1bf900369e_b.jpg
[/url]
B&W Bridge by pattypans, on Flickr[/IMG]

cheers Artoo

here is one i prepared earlier...:LOL:

bridge 11 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

on our norwegian tour...some time ago

cheers
geoff

One of my 15yo sons spotted me looking at this picture while he was pestering me for yet more money (surprise, surprise) He now wants to go there because he wants to skateboard down it.... Evidently it would be either 'sic or wicked'?

Thank you for letting me know. I am really enjoying this forum; it helps me see things from unique perspectives..

One of my 15yo sons spotted me looking at this picture while he was pestering me for yet more money (surprise, surprise) He now wants to go there because he wants to skateboard down it.... Evidently it would be either 'sic or wicked'?

we went on a cruise ship...a small one...so tell your son to save his pocket money for seasick pills

(y)

geoff

Back