Bristol Half Marathon & Great Bristol Run 2022

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Went to watch the Bristol Half Marathon & Great Bristol Run on Sunday morning - plenty of competitors but I expected more spectators.
I am not 'into' running but enjoyed watching all those with the energy to do it ... including some sous who clearly weren't built for running but had the courage and tenacity to do it.

1. The winner of the Half Marathon - Jacob Brockmann

Half Marathon Winner Jacob Brockmann
by Bristol Streets, on Flickr

Leg-stretching

Watch your speed!

Team Ted

Thumbs up from Sammy

Nice set. I am a big fan of capturing people running and seeing all the different expressions - usually a mixture of joy at the start, pain in the middle and elation at the end!

Nice set. I am a big fan of capturing people running and seeing all the different expressions - usually a mixture of joy at the start, pain in the middle and elation at the end!
Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I enjoy this type of event for much the same reasons as you. :)

I shoot quite a lot of marathons etc and with the exception of the London marathon speculators are often quite thin on the ground, often being with those around the finish usually associated with one or more of the runners.

I shoot quite a lot of marathons etc and with the exception of the London marathon speculators are often quite thin on the ground, often being with those around the finish usually associated with one or more of the runners.
I haven't been at one of these for a few years but well remember the last one having lots of spectators, so much so that I can remember my annoyance on occasion! ;)

Nice shots Gramps. Number six is my pick :D

Hope you had a good day shooting :D

I do like to see the 'fun runners', although they obviously take it very seriously!

Great set :)

I do like to see the 'fun runners', although they obviously take it very seriously!

Great set :)
Thanks Jak, there were some very brave and motivated people there. :)

Back