Bristol Rugby vs. Saracens - 1st November 08.

Edit My Images
Yes
A selection of Rugby by numbers imagery. Frankly, today it was freezing and the rain came down. I was at 1600 ISO at 2.30pm as depsite preying for a bright November day when I got up at 10.30 it was grey and cloudy. Still work with what you have....

Bristol threw away a win today. More on my blog....

(no. 3 removed to fit 10 in thread)...

2991874571_76c769d80f.jpg

2992724508_3e13ae917a.jpg

2992775208_94dfbaf197.jpg

2991927923_847275f041.jpg

2992781626_8fd8c449c8.jpg

2991941517_4d98fe95d2.jpg

2991943217_d16530e363.jpg

2991946247_76d7e8aaa6.jpg

2991952967_eec237a53f.jpg

2992979650_419f8660ca.jpg

Fantastic series Pete!, 5&10 being my pick. I know what you mean about the light!, It was sunny for a bit in the afternoon here but I still struggled with the ISO/shutterspeeds, I shoot with d2h's so i'm handicapped before I start :) lol.Kind regards Graham

Superb set DG, gives us all something to aspire to.(y)

Nice set of action shots - none of which address the purpose of Rugby: scoring tries. Well, that's if you are to believe the likes of David Campese and Serge Blanco. Or was this one of those sterile Rugby Union games that are decided on penalties?

Excellent work as always Pete. Despite the gloom you have produced a fine set.
"work with what you have", you did that and did it very very well.

Nice set of action shots - none of which address the purpose of Rugby: scoring tries. Well, that's if you are to believe the likes of David Campese and Serge Blanco. Or was this one of those sterile Rugby Union games that are decided on penalties?

Depends on what sells and to the broadsheets, these do. Thanks.

Meh - they're okay........

:LOL: Only joking, they are great and are getting me inspired again. Lost the love of photographing rugby lately due to politics in teh club. Might go and do it just for myself and no one else

Quality mate....quality. You beat me I was at ISO 2000 at 4pm on Sat ha ha...god I hate the winter.

Iain

Just a big show of hands:clap: for Pete, I see your giving up long lens sport? (lenses for sale on forum). I for one will miss your Rugby & footy shots:(. Kind regards Graham.

Just a big show of hands:clap: for Pete, I see your giving up long lens sport? (lenses for sale on forum). I for one will miss your Rugby & footy shots:(. Kind regards Graham.

Thanks mate, the game is up really. The big agencies have sewn it up and what with the cold I feel on my chest I have to think about other things. It is hard letting go and I have some nice work coming up, but you cant leave 3/4k of kit under the bed waiting for the phone to ring.

Still, as one door shuts another one opens.

Hi Pete,

Just wanted to say how much I'm going to miss looking at your Rugby shots, and reading the information you provide on capturing them. Its helped me understand what I should be doing and looking for when out with the camera, albeit rarely as I'm still playing.

Thanks, and I look forward to admiring your other work instead.

Lee

Hi Pete,

Just wanted to say how much I'm going to miss looking at your Rugby shots, and reading the information you provide on capturing them. Its helped me understand what I should be doing and looking for when out with the camera, albeit rarely as I'm still playing.

Thanks, and I look forward to admiring your other work instead.

Lee

Cheers - thanks a lot. I have a big job on tonight and will post as and when I can. It is a shame to end, but for me, it is about the fiscal side of things too. As I said in the equipment thread, I need to free up some cash for other stuff and something has to give sadly. I went to cover some local football the other weekend and just did not enjoy it - in fact I went home after twenty minutes.

Thanks mate, the game is up really. The big agencies have sewn it up and what with the cold I feel on my chest I have to think about other things. It is hard letting go and I have some nice work coming up, but you cant leave 3/4k of kit under the bed waiting for the phone to ring.

Still, as one door shuts another one opens.

Cheers - thanks a lot. I have a big job on tonight and will post as and when I can. It is a shame to end, but for me, it is about the fiscal side of things too. As I said in the equipment thread, I need to free up some cash for other stuff and something has to give sadly. I went to cover some local football the other weekend and just did not enjoy it - in fact I went home after twenty minutes.

I agree with the above.
I always looked forward to seeing you're rugby & football shots in this forum, and I'm sure they will be greatly missed.

Hope to see more of you're images on this forum though!(y)

Regards Spence

Despite the awful weather, well done. They would all look at home on the news pages of the match report. The flanker in #7 looks like someone's just unplugged him from the cognitive loop :LOL:

Back