Britcar 2014 - Silverstone International

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Images from the Britcar race at Silverstone on the International Circuit. My first of the year so trying to get rid of the cobwebs and get some pan practice in for the WEC, I think I saw more accredited media than spectators again.. maybe some of you guys, I'm just not sure who's who... I think I saw George searching for the highest points around the circuit like a Meerkat, or someone else was copying his style ;)

Any way... Here's my rusty efforts... No Photoshop :) P.s for everyone who's been whining about wonky shots.... I made a special effort for you guys ;)

C&C welcome as always, I appreciate any comments you have the time to give, even if its just to complain about the 45 degree slant ;)

1. My Favourite of the day (so far)... it's all down hill from here :)
Britcar 2014 - Silverstone by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

2. My Favourite car of the day... so couldn't get a shot I was really happy with :(
Britcar 2014 by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

3. A Toy Car

4. Mosler Marmite

5. Hahahahahahahaha a fast looking Civic

6. Hmmmmmm, well at least its straight ;)

7. More Marmite for my favourite car

8. Boring Beema shot ;)

Last edited:
As said 1 has a great sense of motion and I really like the low POV in 3
Thanks again Gaza, both here and on Flickr :) - I think it's the only place at Silverstone where you can get that POV from the (semi) speccy areas, the international circuit really helped in that sense

Last edited:
Relatively little slant to be seen. The first is a cracker, the blurred cars in the background really add something to the shot, which the others lack.
I would have liked to see a bit more variety, but they're all well executed, and the porsche in 9 is a great capture too.

Relatively little slant to be seen. The first is a cracker, the blurred cars in the background really add something to the shot, which the others lack.
I would have liked to see a bit more variety, but they're all well executed, and the porsche in 9 is a great capture too.

Thanks Matty, very much agree about variety, it was a training mission to get the panning dialled in really :) I'll aim to be a little more adventurous during the WEC

Nice set. As others have said the first one's a great shot.

I really like the international circuit. They should use it more often for the smaller events. It's so much better than the national circuit.

Nice set. As others have said the first one's a great shot.

I really like the international circuit. They should use it more often for the smaller events. It's so much better than the national circuit.
cheers George, I realise I'm still a bit of a one trick pony.. Need to mix it up a bit. Agreed on the international circuit, first race I've seen use it and it worked well :)

Back