AAAA2839.jpg

AAAA3256.jpg

AAAA3259.jpg

AAAA3217.jpg

AAAA3318.jpg

Martin.

Last edited:
I like the lines/curves in number 6 :)

Other than that they really dont do anything for me, imo, the shutter speed is way to quick... although there is no exif info id guess most were taken at between 1/200th and 1/500th, where really you want to keep below 1/200th to keep any kind of sense of speed to the shots. The crops are rather bland and they dont look particularly sharp.

Sorry for all the negative comments, and they are all only my opinions, so feel free to ignore them... maybe im just in a bad mood anyway after getting woken at 4.30am with a chav jumping up and down on the roof of my car... who knows.

Lovely images mate - clean and crisp and you really did have an eye for the flames ;)

IMO to catch a flame like that you need a fast shutter speed. If the shutter speed was lower to blur the wheels the flame wouldn't be as sharp as it is and would be softer and less well defined

#5 look parked ;)

IMO to catch a flame like that you need a fast shutter speed.

Let me just put my contradictory hat on :)

The longer the exposure, the more likely you'll catch the flame innit.
If i see a car that flashes flame (rather than belching it over few secs) then i set the shutter to a longer exposure so i'm more likely to catch it.

Actually it's a bit of both. A slower shutter speed will theoretically produce a bigger flame, but a faster one will mean it's sharper and better defined if you catch it right. It's up to you to decide what's best.

This selection isn't bad, 6 doesn't really do much for me though, 10, I think the lead car would be better if that was the one in focus. Oh, and 8 has a JCB type thing in it, which doesn't help!

Back