Critique Britcar Production and Endurance at Snetterton.

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
No
This past weekend I was at Snetterton for both the production and endurance series from Britcar. As has become usual, here are a selection of shots for comment and critique. Before I go on though, I am sorry for the lack of variety, I was also writing this weekend so had to keep focused.

1) You expect a novice cross or two in Britcar but this photo shows the difference in starting points. An ex-track day Civic turned racer tries, (and fails) to keep up with an E46 GTR, both carrying novices.

Novice
by Nicholas Smith, on Flickr

2) Excluded from the meeting for safety violations in the pit lane, this BMW M3 GT4 actually looked quite good until its meeting with the headmaster:

E92 M3

3) The Hoffmanns of Henley Lotus Europa was one of many cars racing in the Production and Endurance championships. Shame about its luck though, alternator failure on Saturday and clutch failure on Sunday ruined their weekend.

Europa

4) The BMW GTR was a flame spitting beast. It was doing it so regularly into Brundle that if I had a longer Monopod, I could have roasted a few marshmallows.

Flames

5) Del Shelton's E36 BMW was well turned out, this is taken at Palmer Corner, easily the most egotistical corner name in British Motorsport.

Old Skool

6) What would a Snett Set be without Scary Tree? Oh, and an Aston Martin but the tree is the important bit.

Sweet Car, Scary Tree

7) Enough of this Production lark, time for Endurance. Have a people shot to bridge the gap. Am I the only one that really likes these helmet and goggle combinations for photographing?

Ready to fuel.

8) Pole for the Endurance race went to this beast, the Neil Garner Motorsport Mosler MT900R.

Fields of Green

SPOILER ALERT IN CAPTION

9) While Anthony and Mark Wilds took the victory with this lovely Ferrari 458 Challenge.

Going Away

10) The Renault RS01's cockpit area.

In The Office

11) And the rest of the Renault RS01. I suffered a lot from Frozen Wheels Syndrome this weekend in an attempt to get the cars sharper, something to work on next time out.

RS01

12) This Porsche 997 RSR was hobbled almost from the green flag by engine overheating problems but held out to the end of the race and now leads the class 3 championship.

RSR

13) And people say there is no gradient change at Snetterton! You need a 4x4 to get up that kerb!

Apex

14) Dry break fuel system my bottom.

Leakage

A good selection of shots, I like 13 nice light, not sure about 5, looks a bit overexposed.

I think that one needs revisiting in Lightroom to see if I can improve. I've been trying to learn new lightroom skills recently so I may be able to salvage it.

I like 12 & 14, 12 shows a sense of speed which the others are a bit lacking.

I think if you cropped the car out some more in 14 it would better focus on the fuelling spillage

Hi
At last a photo of my mates car Photo 6 the Aston Martin.
Nice one
Need to get to a meeting to get some photos of my own of the car.
Its a lovely machine, and the guys running it are proper enthusiasts. I spoke to them in Parc Ferme at Silverstone, proper petrolheads.

Back