Critique British Grand Prix 2014 Part 1 of 2

D

Dinsdale

In an attempt to do it at least once in my sad little life, my son and I went to Silverstone to be fleec... err I mean watch the grand prix. It was my first attempt at shooting F1 cars and although panning took a bit of practice I soon got some results I was reasonably happy with. I very nearly didn't get these shots, because after taking my first shot I looked at the display only to see that I had 44 shots available. Then it hit me like a brick in the head! I'd left the 64Gb SD card in my iMac at home and all I had was the 4Gb Compact with me. My heart sunk as I realised I'd have to shoot everything in jpeg and lose the control in processing them.Then in a flash of brilliance my son suggested that I take the 32Gb SD card I use in my car stereo, format it in the camera and use that! Thereafter, I had 300 odd shots available but it was noticeably slower saving them. :)

Just like your thoughts if you would...

1)

BGP14-5
by RWalton65, on Flickr

2)

BGP14-8
by RWalton65, on Flickr

3)

BGP14-9
by RWalton65, on Flickr

4)

BGP14-15
by RWalton65, on Flickr

5)

BGP14-17
by RWalton65, on Flickr

6)

BGP14-23
by RWalton65, on Flickr

Thanks Jake.
The only problem I find with Silverstone is the amount of fences around the place. I seem to remember someone on here referring to the place as "The Fortress" and they're not wrong! Anywhere there's a gap is either jealously guarded by individuals that get in there at the crack of crow's fart or patrolled by Event Staff.
My son and I got into the freebie stand seats on Friday's FP1 & 2 and stayed there shooting the cars as they came around. It would have been nice to get all kinds of fancy angles and dreamy panned shots but to be frank I just ain't that good and I haven't the patience to go bullying my way into the good spots to get them.
Enjoy your Texas GP! (y)

Back