British Wildlife Centre by Tezz

I've been wondering where you photos were :)
Ideally you need to size them @ 800x600 for the forum, some people may not realise they can click on them for a larger view in flickr.
Nice set Tezz and the owl is a corker (y)

That's a good set of shots there. You won't be able to make excuses about your lens next time. We can see your equipment is in fine working order. :)

(No, Darran, further comments are not required with respect to that last remark.)

Lovely shots! Really like the barn owl

Thanks Tom :)

I've been wondering where you photos were :)
Ideally you need to size them @ 800x600 for the forum, some people may not realise they can click on them for a larger view in flickr.
Nice set Tezz and the owl is a corker (y)

OK Darran, will remember that for next time...cant be bothered to change 'em all now :LOL:

That's a good set of shots there. You won't be able to make excuses about your lens next time. We can see your equipment is in fine working order. :)

Thanks Tim.....no more excuses! :)

Some great shots especially the owl.

A great set of shots there Tezz and you should know, it's got nothing to do with the size of the equipment it's how you use it :D

A great set of shots there Tezz and you should know, it's got nothing to do with the size of the equipment it's how you use it :D

Thank you Paul :)

Yes thats true enough, but my lens is very basic, but the lighting, distance etc must have suited it yesterday...generally I am happy with what I shoot with that lens, but yesterday I def got my monies worth!

Removed

Last edited:
Lovely Tezz, they are all pretty good.
Personally like the expression on that wildcats face, they seemed pretty agitated

I wouldn't dream of making any kind of remark.
You also have to remember that Tezz knows where I live and I don't want a visit from the Watford Massif! :LOL:
Although I am reminded of a photo I took but I think it would be better for me to delete it rather than post it :thinking:

Deleting it, Darran, would be a very good choice....you never know what I might have on MY memory card...are you prepared to take the risk? :LOL::LOL:

Lovely Tezz, they are all pretty good.
Personally like the expression on that wildcats face, they seemed pretty agitated

I liked that expression too, otherwise to the uneducated its just an image of a family pooch, but if you look carefully at the head esp the nose area, it most def isnt a domesticated animal

Love the first two, would like to see the owls feet and more space to the right of the squirrel. But you knew all that :D

All in all a good set (y)

(No, Darran, further comments are not required with respect to that last remark.)

I don't even know why you mentioned me in the first place!
Who was the one saying to a Peregrine falcon to 'make love to the camera' and 'show us your tips'? :nono: :D

Removed

Last edited:
Removed

Last edited:
Oh *******s!
How did you find out about the shot?
Spill the beans!

Not much to spill, seeing as someone shouted..."Darran, why you taking a picture of her arse?" just as you clicked the shutter!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Removed

Last edited:
Sigh, yet another thread degenerates into something resembling a Carry On film.

Some of you need to get out more :(

Great work there Tezz............I love the owl shot (not sure about his lunch though):clap:

Just goes to show that you don't need to spend the earth to get great shots(y)

For the record my sense of humour is fine. I just hate the thought that for a lot of "men with cameras" it's just a pathetic way to meet women and turn threads like this into innuendo and VERY poor humour. I am slowly beginning to complile a two-column list of photographers and "others".

I perish the thought that one day some poor unsuspecting lass will step in front of your camera with the misconception that you might be interested in actually producing a decent photograph of her......

Mods - do what you will. But you know I'm right.

I perish the thought that one day some poor unsuspecting lass will step in front of your camera with the misconception that you might be interested in actually producing a decent photograph of her......
Mods - do what you will. But you know I'm right.

You've taken things out of context and not giving it any thought.
Tezz knows me and she has a very good sense of humour.
She is fully aware that there is no harm intended or potentially done.
This is the second TP meet I have done with her and she gave me a lift to this meet.
I wouldn't joke and have fun with someone I never knew like this and neither would anyone else at the meet.
The joke is that every time I point the camera at Tezz she turns away and I do the same so I took a silly shot that was actually deleted from the camera before it was downloaded to the PC.
Jesus, go look at the posts I've made and check out the banter I have had with Gremlin.
It's simple, we've met several times and enjoy having a laugh.

Sorry for posting this Tezz, mods but he needs to understand that some of us are regulars at meets and friendships have been born from them.

Last edited:
I put this image in the photographic club competition tonight

Barn Owl (Tyto alba) Feeding by Tezz 450D, on Flickr
It scored 19/20...fell down on the lack of detail in the feathers between the eyes, otherwise would have been a 20/20

I was expecting an 18, so 19 was good

Oh wow, well done you that's a good result (y)
Metering for detail on the white parts can be a nightmare under those conditions so you did well

The Barn Owl looks fantastic. Had he just caught the mouse or was he in the middle of eating it??

He was in the middle of eating it, a couple of frames prior to this, i had images of him tearing the poor thing apart

Well done tezz :clap:

Back