Brutal Collision

Name
Seba
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this sequence at a WU19s final on Saturday. It was a brutal collision. Incredibly the 'keeper walked off the field on her own, unaided.

At the time I only send in the first image in the sequence, as I was worried that the last three might offend a parent, or even the client I was working for (the League). It was early in the match for the images would have been at the top of the gallery if they were looking through it.

We have in the past had clients who didn't want any images sent out of children looking 'distressed', think I mentioned this on my remotes thread showing a kid in the steeplechase water, so that was in the back of my mind.

I asked a colleague (company No2) and the Boss later that day and they both said they would have sent the images live.

Maybe I'm just getting too soft and caring in my old age! Anyways, one for a discussion.
2663681.jpg

Difficult, especially when 'kids' are involved.

I'd say there were two factors:

End use and end result of the collision.

If it were editorial (and probably adult) I'd send.

Retail? Set to one side and have available on request (rather than on public display)?
That's how we deal with most serious equestrian falls as 'official photographers'.

Then again there are the sports rules themselves.

Some make no mention of injury, whereas equestrian sports are very hot on the subject.

In Racing, it is an absolute no shoot area once the fall has taken place.

Conversely in British Eventing, photographers are actively encouraged to shoot through the incident in case the images are needed for medical or safety reviews.

I'd have probably sent those as there is no apparent injury. But if there was, say, an obvious broken limb, probably not.

That is one very brave goalkeeper.

Maybe posting a video instead of photos would have shown the action better

Difficult, especially when 'kids' are involved.

I'd say there were two factors:

End use and end result of the collision.

If it were editorial (and probably adult) I'd send.

Retail? Set to one side and have available on request (rather than on public display)?
That's how we deal with most serious equestrian falls as 'official photographers'.

Then again there are the sports rules themselves.

Some make no mention of injury, whereas equestrian sports are very hot on the subject.

In Racing, it is an absolute no shoot area once the fall has taken place.

Conversely in British Eventing, photographers are actively encouraged to shoot through the incident in case the images are needed for medical or safety reviews.

I'd have probably sent those as there is no apparent injury. But if there was, say, an obvious broken limb, probably not.

Yeah, I'd agree with all that.

Re the Eventing. Similar story fro soccer. I shot a sequence of a player getting injured in a match a couple of years back. A couple of days later the club contacted me for the whole sequence as the doctor/physio wanted to see how it happened.

Yeah, I'd agree with all that.

Re the Eventing. Similar story fro soccer. I shot a sequence of a player getting injured in a match a couple of years back. A couple of days later the club contacted me for the whole sequence as the doctor/physio wanted to see how it happened.

The same happened for an events company that we both used to know.

AJ Bell Stadium RFSU U17 finals and one of the backs snapped their Tib & Fib at mid shin level with a 90° bend.

The pictures went back to Peter to put on hold and the medics looked at them afterwards I think.

Nasty incident.

The same happened for an events company that we both used to know.

AJ Bell Stadium RFSU U17 finals and one of the backs snapped their Tib & Fib at mid shin level with a 90° bend.

The pictures went back to Peter to put on hold and the medics looked at them afterwards I think.

Nasty incident.

Pete definitely made a montage of it.........!

Are u19s kids though?

I have a photo policy on my website.. I don't photo or publish injured children.. children in distress crying etc... I make it clear when a player goes down by actually putting my cameras down so nobody even thinks i am photographing it ... obviously theres no way of knowing when you took that sequence but if that was kids I would have deleted.. however.. u19s? not so much

I do get parents asking me if i got a bad foul.... i tell them no even if i did... they still want the pics but if i gave them and they showed them other people .. then all they see is i took those shots.. so best to say i didnt gte it

I'm well versed in saying I didn't get it, don't you worry! :-D

I completely agree with what you're saying about kids and distress/injuries. Despite is being an U19 match, I know some players were as young as 15. So I guess where is the cut off?

Back