Critique BTCC Brands Hatch April 5th

9 and 14 for me, great set!
Thanks for taking the time to comment. My favourites are #14 and #15 because they represent the type of "close racing" that I was expecting (and desperately hoping to see!)

I don't anticipate the truck racing this weekend to be as tight!!

Some great shots you have got there.
Good luck with the truck racing, looks like the weather should be good for the weekend.

Thanks coolcat. It was a really great day and I can see myself enjoying photographing motorsport as much as fast jets (and warbirds! )

My wife has just collected my new 24-120 f4 lens, so roll on the weekend! The weather looks changeable, but mostly dry.

I'm really excited at the prospect of seeing this monsters battling it out!

Looks like some of your shots were taken on the inside of druids bend so we probably were standing next to each other at some point during the day.

Sounds like your going to have fun with the new lens.
I've just taken the plunge myself and ordered the Canon 70-200is f2.8 mk2 to replace my Sigma version!

I was indeed inside Druids for the whole day, only moving to the lower part of the grassy area for the last couple of races, although the shots didn't work as well.

I was initially using my 80-400mm "air show" lens on my FX body, but found it too cumbersome and 80mm wasn't wide enough inside Druids, so I resorted to my DX body with an 18-200 zoom for quite a few of the shots.

I can't wait to get my hands on the new lens and plan to move around more this weekend.

Good luck with your new lens - I understand it's a cracker!

There was a chap standing next to us for a while shooting with a Nikon camera.
Had a Colchester United Jacket on, wouldn't have been you per chance ?

I do use Nikon kit, but that wasn't me! I had a dark coloured jacket as well as hat and gloves and chattering teeth from my freezing cold feet!!

4,6+8 are the best here the cars are nicely positioned in the frame with some room to move into

Thanks very much for the feedback. When taking aviation pictures, l follow the rule of thirds and leave room for the aircraft to move into.

This was my first attempt at motorsport and I was trying to capture some of the dynamism and "contact" that the BTCC is famous for, which us why I went for some tight cropping.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Back