Bug Macro slowing down grabbing what I can....

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
when I can.

All shot with my reversed 18-55mm and Flash diffused set. Bar the Hopper!

As some will know Bejewelled Wasp I have been after a decent close up shot... still not got one of a live one as they tend to move away from my torch focus light... then fly off before I have chance to shoot.

So I got a dead one... love their colours.

IMG_4638
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_4637
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_4632
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_4630
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_4614
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_4616
by bthomas124, on Flickr

7. @TimmyG shot

IMG_4608
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_4607
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

How did the pringle tube one work? I'd be able to fashion one of those up.

How did the pringle tube one work? I'd be able to fashion one of those up.

Not quite sure what you mean... what was light like you mean?
Example

Tamron Pringle Test 140806 3573
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Or how to make it?

Get a pringles tube cut it down to size then duct tape outside and then put a polaroid softbox on the end :)

Though I am going to cut an angle in mine to get it to be not so straight. @Carlh says he unraveled the tube to make the curve I was just going to cut angle in but if it works it works.

Sorry, on your flickr, went through a couple of shots and there was a pringle setup, just wondered what the results were like i.e how did it 'work', realised it was a confusing question after posting.

I'm still amazed at the quality you are getting from a kit lens. A KIT LENS!!

Brilliant stuff Bryn, although you need to get closer on that woodlouse if you want to do it in true TimmyG style ;)

Anyway, very impressive stuff, now go and find a live wasp!

I'm still amazed at the quality you are getting from a kit lens. A KIT LENS!!

Brilliant stuff Bryn, although you need to get closer on that woodlouse if you want to do it in true TimmyG style ;)

Anyway, very impressive stuff, now go and find a live wasp!

Oh yes you have reminded me I want to try the TC on the reversed Kit lens.... ummm more play.

Glad no one has noticed the tiny dust bunny.... annoying as hell since I noticed it.

Nice photos bryn :) got some great shots there, its almost dark now when I go out in the mornings and when i finish work its getting dark. not looking good for me at all :(

These were all shot in the dark lol

You need a head torch or a torch attached to your pringle tube :)

Like them all but 5 and 6 the little wasp are wonderful
really good lighting on all of them

Thanks Pete, Alf, Kurt

I do really think they are gorgeous tiny things those wasps.... need to get a decent shot of a live one though now. :D

Been away for a week or so and haven't been back out in the garden yet... if bug macro is slowing down... it'll be down to household items lol.

great set Bryn. Grab whilst you can :)

Thanks Icy and Ian.... missed Sunday when it was bright and sunny and planned to go today but was raining all day long.

Back