Bugglies...

Edit My Images
Yes
Still getting to grips with my Sigma 150 and ringflash combo... had a play in a field yesterday with everything including the flash on full manual - I figure if I make everything as difficult as possible it'll cut down on leaning time :wacky:

Far from perfect I know, but I'm slowly improving (I think!). C&C welcome.

Trooper_by_HairyToes.jpg

Clamps_by_HairyToes.jpg

Cat_by_HairyToes.jpg

Green_by_HairyToes.jpg

That is a lovely set. Particularly like the second. First feels slightly unbalanced for some reason, maybe the back leg being cut off?? How picky is that :p

Wow, they are all great.

Its easier to say which is my least favourite and that's no. 3. I think it just gets eclipsed by the other three.

No. 1 the colours are great and those feelers are almost fibre optic.

no. 2. well the guy just posed.

no. 4 the colours are just stunning, particularly in the wings.

Really lovely.

Andrea

Eeww!

Lovely colourful set of bugs. No 2 made me smile. What did you do - shout, hey you smile for the camera? :LOL:

Hehe, number 2 was my favourite, the little guy actually kept hopping closer and eyeballing me down the lens, he was more interested in me than I was in him I think!

This guy had a bit of a stare too...

Eyeballing_by_HairyToes.jpg

...eventually he decided he quite liked me so we shook hands! Thats my fat finger by the way.

The_Handshake_by_HairyToes.jpg

Great set :clap: 2&4 for me (y)

Ah! now I know who you are, saw these on another forum that I lurk on(y)
They are very good especially as you haven't been taking photo's like these for very long. I'm loving No4 but the second one made me laugh!

Ah! now I know who you are, saw these on another forum that I lurk on(y)
They are very good especially as you haven't been taking photo's like these for very long. I'm loving No4 but the second one made me laugh!

Nooo, my secret identity has been discovered! :LOL:

I'm hoping to get macro nailed by the end of the bug season in time to get even closer and have a play with microscope photography on my masters :)

Excellent stuff. No2 is a great shot

Nooo, my secret identity has been discovered! :LOL:

I'm hoping to get macro nailed by the end of the bug season in time to get even closer and have a play with microscope photography on my masters :)

Not so secret, as I know you over there as well.... muahahaha. You know what I feel about these pics anyway... great shots, especially that cute little grasshopper. Shame you didn't manage to get his rear leg in as well though.

Back