Buildings, shapes and bright colours.

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone. I haven't posted much recently so I've put together a set of recent shots that I like, all shot on various wanderings through London streets and backwaters over the last few weeks or so….I’ll post up the people shots tomorrow.

Its taken me half a day to process these...I may have gone a tad too far with a few filters...Please let me know what you like or don't like... and why if possible. ;) (y)

As low as I could get.
18mm. The clock tower in Victoria Park East London. A merge of two photos...one exposed for the shadows under the arches (Using Bachs tutorial paint lesson...thanks bachs)
clocktowervic.jpg

Canal Colour.
Another merge of two raw files using the same method as above.
This shot had a lot of mess in the water, especially after sharpening, so I ended up preferring it like this using a softening type filter. ...whadda recon?
curvedcolour.jpg

Foot tunnel rain refuge.
My favourite shot of this bunch, But I've messed up the processing a little as I've softened a layer over the top of my nice sharp rain at the end of the tunnel.
RainTunnelsoft.jpg

Distorted View.
Curved glass and a photo in a shop widow display in Regents Street.
distortedview.jpg

Hmmm red…
… Oh look a doggy.
The light house boats front door at Trinity Buoy Wharf.
rustnred.jpg

Victoria Park cafe.
Two shots spliced together top and bottom...err.. definatly work under progress. lol.
viccycafeFIN.jpg

Thanks.

Groovy!
When I first looked at these I wanted to say I don't like them - but looking at them a bit longer I actually think these are really strong images. They have a very distinct, somewhat quirky feel to them, that I really like. Not as keen on the 4th & last as the rest, but the others I just want to keep looking at.

Good work!

Love the first one, you've really caught some excellent tones and I want to reach out and touch the wood, I would maybe crop out the very top bit of sky asmy eye keeps getting drawn up there away from the main points of interest.

I also like the strong colours of #2 and I like the fact that you have softened instead of sharpened. Is it an optical illusion or is the building leaning ever so slightly to the right? Maybe it's just me.

As Hoodi says, they are strong images. Good work.

Lifeboat one's coolest :)

Wow. Those are all very good. My pick would be the first one. You've managed to capture so much detail in the arch.

I really like the lighthouse boat. The strong red with the neutral of teh wood is just great.

Renee

1, 2 and 5 for me - I love the colours in 2 and the red in the lighthouse boat is incredible - lovely set, something to aim for I think!

John

Thanks everyone, some thoughtful and uplifting comments indeed. :)

Colin.
Yea, It is distortion you see, not quite sure where, or how to adjust it out :shrug: ... tried my best with the limited tools I have, but its becoming increasingly obvious that I really should buy the correct tool....or upgrade my PS. lol.
I think your right about the crop also...I couldn’t decide, so thanks for that. :D

hi fb, nearly missed this thread, but i'm glad i didn't. lovely colours of the first one, just as shame about the sun in the second, not keen on the 3rd, and the rest are good too..

Back