Critique Bull Bay sunrise (Anglesey)

Name
Rich
Taken on Saturday morning at around 4.30am prior to the sunrise so it was actually still quite dark which I tried to keep in the image.

This was about the most vibrant time of the morning with the high level clouds picking up the beautiful reds from the rising sun. The low level cloud blocked any chance of a decent sunrise so I was lucky that I had got there quite early.

I am always open to critique. Good or bad :). I will add that I didn't use the 1/3rd rule due to chopping off either my lead in with the ropes and shackle, or the tops of the most detailed clouds ;-)

Bull Bay Sunrise (Anglesey) by evorichie101, on Flickr

Works for me, with the boat on the left and the rope on the right, doesn't matter about rule of 1/3rds on the water entry. Hope you just chilled for 5 soaking that glorious sunrise in ? :)

Works for me, with the boat on the left and the rope on the right, doesn't matter about rule of 1/3rds on the water entry. Hope you just chilled for 5 soaking that glorious sunrise in ? :)
I like this one, Rich. Maybe I would have got rid of the two small 'dots' in the water beyond the boat. Makes it worth getting up so early.

Philip
Thanks Carl and Philip :). Those dots were a pair of buoys I guess for another boat to tie too?. I guess it would clean it up a little although when viewed at full screen (which I edit at) they are clear as buoys and there are a few more lurking out there too :).

Lovely Rich Our Uncle Mike would love this as he lived just across the road, sold up and moved on now, lovely light and view. Fantastic photostream too may I add.

Lovely Rich Our Uncle Mike would love this as he lived just across the road, sold up and moved on now, lovely light and view. Fantastic photostream too may I add.

Thank you Kevin :). It was my first visit there but certainly not my last. Looked like a beautiful little place and lots more potential compositions to use :). You too have an beautiful looking photo stream :).

Excellent image
James
Thank you James :)

A great image one of those shots where you wish you there, although maybe not at 4:30am ;)

Tim

A great image one of those shots where you wish you there, although maybe not at 4:30am ;)

Tim
Stunning and worth the rise
I like the photo. Great exposure as well. The rope works well leading you into the shot. Brought back a few memories of me growing up along the east side of Anglesey on the 60's :)
works for me and looks balanced nicely

Thank you all very much for taking the time to comment :). It's massively appreciated :)

Back