Burnham Lighthouse @ Full Tide

Isn't that what keeps us going back? The effect of the shadow and the subtle highlights from the sky on the water are really calming, though probably not quite what you had in mind. I really must get up there this winter............

Cheers all.

Worse still, I got trapped on the beach at high tide and had to wait for it to go back down then scale the sea wall to get back to the car!

Greta shot Stu and I especially like the composition with the windows on the left side being visible. The last of the sun's rays do a great job of warming the sky without reducing the overall blue hour coolness, whiel the bluring of clouds and water really make the sharpness of the lighthouse more prominent.

That's a great shot Stu, with lovely lighting & colours and good composition.(y)

George.

Right up my street (y) Just had a look on your flickr - there's a lot of lovely shots on there :clap:

Nice subtle colours there Stu, could even be better than ABS ;)
I think the square crop works well, with a nice calming influence given by the soft warm light, nice reflection of the tower....
IMHO it was worth the wait!
Nice Shot Stu!

Lovely shot. The slanting horizon is the only thing that bothers me, but really nice shot.

I didn't notice this had a few more comments, cheers all, appreciate them.

been there..havent done that!!
very good iconic shot
it seemed to be low tide most times i went...
are you in town?

are you in town?

Thanks! Do you mean do I live in Burnham? I don't, I used to live in Bath so visited many times, I am now in Stratford (upon-Avon) but still go back to Bath etc alot for work so I can visit any of that coast relatively easily.

That's lovely, it sort of gives the impression of being sat on a frozen lake but very tranquil and peaceful.

Again nothing much more to add love the adventure bit with the tide, and like how the tide is sitting just right at the bottom of the steps, thank you for sharing.
Kevin

Again nothing much more to add love the adventure bit with the tide, and like how the tide is sitting just right at the bottom of the steps, thank you for sharing.
Kevin
Cheers for the comment Kevin, much appreciated.

Yes the high tide did catch me out! I could of waited for a bit for it to go down, would have only been half an hour at most but had to get on!

Back