Bushy Park

Brian, you are really fortunate to get such good images, (I mean from being able to take close shots of the bird).
(have you noticed that they do tend to ignore you and never really look your way, but flit around constantly)

Brian, you are really fortunate to get such good images, (I mean from being able to take close shots of the bird).
(have you noticed that they do tend to ignore you and never really look your way, but flit around constantly)
Cheers Bill , Yeah ,they seem no not be bothered about anything ,just getting on with their busy lives,hence they don't notice me creeping up , or don't care . It took me months before i managed to get these birds , these and the Wren were my target birds .Now for a new challenge

Second image, the bird is good..not cropped the way I would but, hey ho..its not mine..the fir on the right adds no interest to the subject and I would get rid of it
Slight possible post processing mark below the tail that needs tidying up, and that anoying white patch in the background

Not got a decent image of these, your so lucky..and on my list too

Last edited:
Brian - I just thought that I would add this image to show the differences - This is the Common Firecrest (Regulus ignicapilla)
black eye stripe and broad white supercilium
are main difference between it and your Goldcrest
Hangs around in the same tree every year at the front of our house - I only ever see one bird at once - family must return every year - I think that this is a female as the male has a more orange stripe, (versus yellow).
Crap image, taken today - as I never get that near, and maybe I won't try as they start nesting about now - ISO 1600 and a big crop - but it's OK for comparison purposes

Hope you don't mine me posting on your thread

Firecrest.jpg

Second image, the bird is good..not cropped the way I would but, hey ho..its not mine..the fir on the right adds no interest to the subject and I would get rid of it
Slight possible post processing mark below the tail that needs tidying up, and that anoying white patch in the background

Not got a decent image of these, your so lucky..and on my list too
Goldcrestz by brianernie1948, on Flickr

Brian - I just thought that I would add this image to show the differences - This is the Common Firecrest (Regulus ignicapilla)
black eye stripe and broad white supercilium
are main difference between it and your Goldcrest
Hangs around in the same tree every year at the front of our house - I only ever see one bird at once - family must return every year - I think that this is a female as the male has a more orange stripe, (versus yellow).
Crap image, taken today - as I never get that near, and maybe I won't try as they start nesting about now - ISO 1600 and a big crop - but it's OK for comparison purposes

Hope you don't mine me posting on your thread

Firecrest.jpg
Yeah Cheers Bill ,have seen the firecrest on the rare occasion but never taken a shot , much more colourful than the Goldcrest

Back