Critique Buxton V Newcastle Benfield

Name
Lee Parker
Edit My Images
Yes
New kit, got rid of Fuji X-pro and lenses and invested in a 1d mkIV, which I think im going to like ;0)

The pitch slopes a bit so I'm continually trying to balance verticals and horizontals.....not always successfully!!

Any pointers/criticism/sl@gging gratefully received.

Buxton V Newcastle Benfield FA Cup 23 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Buxton V Newcastle Benfield FA Cup 63 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Buxton V Newcastle Benfield FA Cup 67 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Buxton V Newcastle Benfield FA Cup 83 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Buxton V Newcastle Benfield FA Cup 84 by leeparker1968, on Flickr
Buxton V Newcastle Benfield FA Cup 119 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Buxton V Newcastle Benfield FA Cup 132 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Buxton V Newcastle Benfield FA Cup 154 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Last edited:
I think you have pretty much nailed it... Looking at the pics i can't think of anything other than taste for crops which is purely taste.... these pics tick all the boxes.... I dont think your going to find anyone helping you wiht this set cus theres not really anything you can do to improve....

carry on :)

Cheers kipax that means a lot, after a particularly crappy week at work!!

This sums up a lot of non-league football.
The player is Liam Hardy who's got 9 goals already this season......but he still hasn't impressed the old boy lol.

Buxton V Newcastle Benfield FA Cup 39 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice shots. It always amuses me the way the players always look up at the card when the ref books them. Its almost like they hope they are mistaken.

Nice photos, out of interest what lens are you using for these? Thanks in advance.

Cheers Mark,
70-200MkII bought a few weeks ago, well HP agreed a few weeks ago!! I had an original mii which was cheap and a bit battered. After speaking to Kipax and reading lots thought it was worth the investment.

Thanks, though I should just have looked at the Flickr account & not been lazy!! Impressed by the clarity that is for sure... Thanks again.

Nice shots mate, good work. Only thing I'd add is that personally when the ball escapes a bit too far in a header shot, I don't like the empty space I have to leave and the extra space in the crop to get the ball in, especially when the shot is grass roots/amateur etc. as there often isn't any crowd/stand/anything of interest to fill the gap. That is just my opinion though. Nothing wrong with your shots at all. To illustrate, I prefer number 1 to number 4.

Like I say mate, this is just my view, and I'm no expert, but I prefer the eyes closed one, doesn't matter to me that the eyes are closed, you still get the good expressions and in my opinion and nicer crop!

Doh, in 1 the eyes are closed as well.

I've just disproved my own post lol.

Lol, I can now see no2 in the original lot, but none of the other!

Maybe t'internet is better on the other side of the world?

It's because I outrageously added another photo to the flickr gallery and that's messed all the links up........computers are strange thing.,!

Back