Buying from Amazon.de rather than Amazon.co.uk??

Name
Jacques
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone..

I'm thinking on buying the Sigma 70-200 and even though it's £799 from Amazon.co.uk, it can be bought for £688 from Amazon.de with 2 to 3 business day delivery..

Does anyone have any experience buying this way? I know customs taxes wont be an issue as it's still part of the EU, but I just curious about warranty either from amazon or the 3 year UK warranty from Sigma?

Thanks

I've bought stuff from amazon.de in the past. There should be no problem with taxes as you'll be paying German VAT, etc. and within the EU as long as you're paying the taxes due at the point of sale you can move the goods within the EU. Your warranty will be via amazon.de which may be more complicated to deal with if you have a claim, but once again you're within the EU.

I have also found that sometimes there are goods listed on amazon.de that can't be shipped to a non-German address - this is usually third-party sellers who only have the German distribution rights from a manufacturer. It's rare, but I have come across it a couple of times (both times with silly little Euro-and-cent value items).

You'll need to check with Sigma but Im pretty sure the 3 yr warranty only applies to UK retailers.

In case anyone isn't aware of it, pricenoia.com is a comparison tool for checking which amazon store is the cheapest for a given item.

Thanks guys! I was just looking at the older Tamron 70-200, which has a 5 year warranty for any EU country..

That might be the better option warranty wise!

Back