Buying from Amazon

Edit My Images
No
I notice that an expensive item I'm looking to purchase can be had from Amazon for reasonably close to the price I can obtain it from overseas. The item is showing as being direct from Amazon rather than another supplier. Their price represents a saving of over £200 of the UK prices I have seen. The item is in stock and is available for next day delivery should I so desire. Is this usual? I haven't seen this before.

Yes, it is perfectly normal on the promotion days! Black Friday is a good day for deals like this.
Supplied by Amazon is ALAWAYS safer the the Market Place.

The item is in stock and is available for next day delivery should I so desire. Is this usual? I haven't seen this before.
Amazon will often price match UK suppliers but their pricing can be volatile so 5 mins later it might jump to the 'regular' price. Use CamelCamelCamel to do a price history check and tbh if it's a product you want, the right price and you have funds just get it bought.

I bought my Sigma 150-500 from Amazon UK directly because it was £50 cheaper than Park or WEX and there was no postage. I've had no issues. However, I wouldnt have bought something that expensive from an Amazon trader.

Last 5 price changes
Date Price
Nov 10, 2014 11:10 PM £2,480.89
Nov 09, 2014 03:37 PM £2,470.61
Sep 30, 2014 09:43 AM £2,480.89
Sep 25, 2014 07:36 AM £2,477.96
Jul 26, 2014 02:32 AM £2,480.89

My colleague has found that sometimes buying from Amazon.de - the German amazon is cheaper than the UK amazon. He saved £100+ on a recent lens purchase.

If it helps I bought a stylus £55 of a supplied by other decided it was not as good as expected, let them know via Amazon, was sent return instructions.

Printed out return but was not feeling well so left it a couple of weeks before handing in to pick up point (local shop) and was amazed to find my refund made by the time I got home!

Can't fault the service

Back