Buying from Overseas

Name
Brett
Edit My Images
Yes
I know its always better to support UK shops, but money is a bit tight and i`m after a canon dslr.

Found a company in the USA by the name of Panama Export
They have got some good deals ( I understand I will have customs charges )

Has anyone had any experience of using these ?

Many Thanks

Do you research. Panama Exports? Never heard of them. You may get lucky and your import may pass under the customs and excise radar, then again you may not and you'll pay the difference saved in vat and import duty. I'd only buy from overseas if I couldn't source a product over here. I'd rather just save up the extra than go through the hassle of importing.

I know its always better to support UK shops, but money is a bit tight and i`m after a canon dslr.

Found a company in the USA by the name of Panama Export
They have got some good deals ( I understand I will have customs charges )

Has anyone had any experience of using these ?

Many Thanks

Hi Brett,

You would indeed have customs charges to spring for but more importantly no warranty coverage.

'Panama Export' doesn't sound like a very trusty worthy place in all honesty either, I'd steer well clear of them.

The golden saying goes like so, 'If it feels like it's too good to be true, it is'.

Looking for a second hand one would be safer and wiser if you on a tight budget IMO (y)

I've just had a look at the Panama Export website. €645 for a D300? €595 for a Canon 50d?

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Do not touch these cowboys with a barge pole.

Give that guy at eportUK a ring, at least he rips you off from within the UK, Bloody foreigners :nuts:

I worked in photo retail for a number of years and lost count of the times that someone brought in a camera purchased from abroad which had become faulty.
Always the same, saved a bit of money initially, however they always ended up with a large bill from the importers who always charge for out of are repairs.

Back