Edit My Images
No
A male and female shot at a local country park

Stan

7D II, 1/1250, f5.6, ISO 1600, 420mm
16140719517_2fb24e2091_c.jpg

7D II, 1/1000, f7.1, ISO 400, 420mm
15726126484_1a548e5fbb_c.jpg

Really like the second image great pose and perch, lovely light also on the subject, main issue is that it is too much of a crop, might be worth retrying another crop without going into the image so much to retain IQ to a decent standard.

I can see now why you cropped so closely, image maybe still needs to be cropped out slightly for better IQ but the re edit is a improvement, using the content aware tool and clone tool you should be able to get rid of the barb wire on the left and right sides.

Cheers Russ

Joe, it is not a re edit, a different picture and cropped deliberately to keep the barbed wire as a frame

Stan

I like the last one, nice framing and nice contrast between the natural bird and industrial barbed wire.

#1 for me too, not really a fan of barbed wire :)

thanks for looking Den and Gramps

As to the barbed wire, yes you either love it or hate it but it is part of this birds natural environment. There are a pair, male and female at this location and while the male, first shot hunts and rests in a field where there are trees all around, the female prefers a field two over which is surrounded by low bushes and the pylons go straight through the middle. I visited the site 4 times last week and every day she was perched here and when she went off to grab a worm or two she always returned to the same perch

Stan

As to the barbed wire, yes you either love it or hate it but it is part of this birds natural environment. There are a pair, male and female at this location and while the male, first shot hunts and rests in a field where there are trees all around, the female prefers a field two over which is surrounded by low bushes and the pylons go straight through the middle. I visited the site 4 times last week and every day she was perched here and when she went off to grab a worm or two she always returned to the same perch

Stan
Some good info their Stan,

Stan

Great to have her being so reliable for you Stan, gives you some great opportunities :)

thanks Den and Gramps

Forgot to mention there is also a juvenile and he prefers another field entirely but one with plenty of trees around the edge

Great to have her being so reliable for you Stan, gives you some great opportunities :)

yes, although the last visit she was there for over an hour but half that time spent with her back towards me

Stan

Back