C+C on 450D pics and first time PP

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, i know these are random and probably don't apply to much of the rules of photography but i wanted to show them and get some C+C.

Had my Canon 450D for a week and took these after a week

All of the below have been PP by me, thinking they make them look better, any comments etc very welcome

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

The waterfall pics were shot in the 1/20th region handheld, the IS on the lens helps incredibly though i guess i would get better pics on a tripod

One other quick question that i feel doesn't deserve a thread, is that I read its better to take a pic shutter speed = 1 over focal length * crop size. So for me I completely failed at this. What is the reasoning behind that? Am yet to experiment with it (only read today!)

What PP did you do on the photos?

All pics were treatened to sharpening, bit of exposure comp (all in the + to make it brighter) and mostly auto white balance as gave the best effect, some had noise reduction on but couldn't see a big difference with it

Noise for me was the problem, dunno if its just me being picky at 100% crop, can post link to originals if need be

All were raw pics edited, i'm still learning a lot tbh so will have a lot of pics up for C+C and questions as well, you guys have been great so far

The PP looks fine.
It's a frustrating art to learn though, I find I keep going back to photos and redoing stuff as I learn more.

You could really do with having a bit longer or shorter shutter speed on the waterfall ones though. It's not quick enough to freeze the water, but not long enough to give the silky smooth effect and ends up looking a bit weird I'm afraid :(

thanks, i was hand held so 1/20th was best i could do :p

glad PP is ok so far

u might need some filters+tripod...for waterfall
shoot at dawn/dusk ....will enchance your pics dramatically

i just felt that the waterfall is abit too distracting, as too many unnecessary grass etc ...

2cents

Back