Cable for Manfrotto 322rc2

Name
doh!
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I have the 322rc2 ballhead and have been looking into attatching the 322rs so that I can use it the way it is supposed to be without growing an extra hand :wacky:

The cable from manfrotto is the U5FW43 which must be made of gold or something because IT'S £175 BUCKS :dummy:

Does anyone know of an alternative that doesn't cost it's weight in gold?

Ta.

Thx NOD :LOL:

Don't think I haven't thought about it already :razz:

Ive been looking at this same cable and switch for my 322 but there is no way on earth im going to spend 50 notes on a switch and then another 150+ on a cable, so, I thought about getting a MC-30 (using Nikon) or something similar and holding that on with a hefty elastic band or modifying it to be able to screw into the 322.

I've considered that too Escy as I already have the rs-80n3 remote cord for my 40d.

When you consider the engineering that went into this head, the design and quality are fantastic and I bought mine from amazon for £78!! Then how do they justify a freeking switch and cable costing over £200.

I just thought there would be a third party/cheaper cable the regulars here would already know about.
I've considered using it left handed but I'll be using my bigma with it and I just like to have my left hand supporting the lens, maybe I should just try it and see if it's 'comfortable'

I've considered that too Escy as I already have the rs-80n3 remote cord for my 40d.

When you consider the engineering that went into this head, the design and quality are fantastic and I bought mine from amazon for £78!! Then how do they justify a freeking switch and cable costing over £200.

I just thought there would be a third party/cheaper cable the regulars here would already know about.
I've considered using it left handed but I'll be using my bigma with it and I just like to have my left hand supporting the lens, maybe I should just try it and see if it's 'comfortable'

I have mine set up for left handed grip operation - my 150-500 (and the 170-500 I had before that) had a QR plate mounted on the tripod foot, as that's how the lenses are designed to be used on 'pods.

Back