Cadair Idris sunrise

Edit My Images
No
Sunday's forecast looked very promising so made the trip down to Cadair Idris. Set out at 5.30am for a wander in the dark up to Llyn cau to get there for sunrise and turns out my luck was definitely in, beautiful colours and stunning reflections on Llyn Cau.. couldn't ask anymore for a first visit

It makes a better photo that a walk, nearly killed me going up that bloody place. ;) Lovely set of images what's not to like? Last one being my favourite for being different to the normal land scape, but they're all equally high quality, sharp as a tack, and beautiful light. Well done.

Thanks everyone for commenting..

Andy.. funny thing is I didn't quite realise just how much of a climb it is to get to Llyn Cau until I was on the way back down, for some strange reason walking up in complete darkness seems easier, maybe if you can't see how steep it is it it doesn't hurt quite so much :)

Simon

Quality set Simon..No2 being my fave love the starburst.

Very nice, Simon, colours are good and reflections are great.

Sorry I never made it, but your text arrived late on Sunday afternoon - you were probably already back down by then!

Next time hopefully.

Great set, Simon, worth the walking - must have been at silly-o-clock for the sunrise/sunset (I'm guessing its a sunset?) did you camp there?

it's sunrise Carl, set out at around 5.20am and walked most of the way in the dark.. fortunately the path to Llyn Cau is really obvious, my b&B was only 5 minutes away so at least didn't have the usual 1hr drive to get there too

Very nice, Simon, colours are good and reflections are great.

Sorry I never made it, but your text arrived late on Sunday afternoon - you were probably already back down by then!

Next time hopefully.

Sorry the text didn't get to you David, sent it on Saturday morning.. catch up with you again sometime

thanks

Simon

It is a beautiful set. Lovely light.
But (and this is just personal for me), the 50/50 split of the first and last, for me, make them look like a Rorschach test.

Back