Caerphilly mountain at sunset

Aside from the sun flare over the house just left of the middle, its a lovely view. I might clone out the wildflower just below the house too, thats poking its head into frame. Maybe the one's on the right as well, but they are "more in view" than the other on the left so maybe leave them.

Doing a bit of pixel peeping, I can see you've captured some light trails on the bend :) Image is a little noisy on full res but it might be Flickr doing its sharpening and making it more prominent.

I love the colours and that mood captured. Nice work Daniel.

Thanks very much for the advice it's much appreciated
I didn't realise it was Caerphilly - I used to live in Ystrad Mynach and Blackwood and Mawsycwmmer and Nelson and Gelligaer. Bit of a gypo I was hahahah. Moved about a bit in my younger day dan :)

I recognise the view now, that bend, if I were to go down to the right, would I end up by the hospital? (is it still open, the miners hospital?) :)

I'm not too sure to be honest I live in cardiff and to be honest didn't realise how beautiful my own doorstep was until a couple of weeks ago!! Such a pretty place to shoot!!!

Yes, Caerphilly is a fantastic place. Have you looked at the Garth? Always looking for people to go out and shoot with. Let me know if you're interested.

I'm not too sure to be honest I live in cardiff and to be honest didn't realise how beautiful my own doorstep was until a couple of weeks ago!! Such a pretty place to shoot!!!
you can get a cracker of caerphilly castle if you go to the burger van (i think its a proper building now), directly opposite it across the main road, walk up the hill, you'll be looking down on the castle and across the valleys. Beautiful there. Makes FANTASTIC fireworks shots come bonfire night matey, as they're getting let off in all the villages across the valley. I think it be the best firework display to be caught on camera ;)

Yes, Caerphilly is a fantastic place. Have you looked at the Garth? Always looking for people to go out and shoot with. Let me know if you're interested.
definatly would be up for a shoot one day!!! that would be great!!!

you can get a cracker of caerphilly castle if you go to the burger van (i think its a proper building now), directly opposite it across the main road, walk up the hill, you'll be looking down on the castle and across the valleys. Beautiful there. Makes FANTASTIC fireworks shots come bonfire night matey, as they're getting let off in all the villages across the valley. I think it be the best firework display to be caught on camera ;)
thats very good of you too tell me !!! gonna deffo check that out !!!

Back