Cake Smash Sessions.

Ha lol I do have some nuce smashing done will post them up later. They are on on the puter.

Look forward to seeing them.

As the missus makes cakes she has been asked about this type of thing and up to yet hasn't took any on as she wasn't sure about the picture side of things so this thread may help! :)

Thankyou for sharing.

The blue cake I baked and decorated myself. Its a very simple 2 layer cake. I used a rose nozzle to pipe roses all over :) will post a few of the actual smashing in a bit. Thanks!

I'm trying very hard to work out if its my monitor but I don't think it is. You've compressed these so far there is a ver visible lack of quality and banding in the skin tones

Hiya.

Just a few comments for me... all my opinion though...

#1 - don't think you need all those extra bits in the background, less is more.
I'd also try to lighten up baby's right eye a touch.
#2 - Looks a bit flat, no real pop to it, but you can fix that in post. I'd have also tried to get round a bit more, facing baby.
#4 - Cut off baby's toes a tidge. Also doesn't look level; Anything with visible lines, either horizontal or vertical will stand out a mile if it's not straight. Your background vinyl is a bit wobbly as well. I might have tried to get some more distance between the kids and the background so you could throw it out a bit more. But you could probably tweak that in post and fix it.
#5 - Again, it's not level. Also, and this is just a thing that irks me personally, is seeing the soles of shoes.

On another note, I think your logo is a bit over-powering. I find it difficult to read with all the colours in it as well.

These are just my personal opinions though, I think they're a nice little set overall. :)

I'm trying very hard to work out if its my monitor but I don't think it is. You've compressed these so far there is a ver visible lack of quality and banding in the skin tones

I'm not on my calibrated machine right now but have to agree, also the skin colours look all wrong, that 3 one the first with the little girls there skin seems to have a really strong green/cyan cast to it, and in first have you selectively turned the child mildly sepia?

I like the idea of these shots, but agree that they all miss the mark.

1) Baby is OOF and the colours are odd - weird skin tones.

2) Weird skin tones, terrible expression and artifacts.

3) Again, odd processing and the quality looks ropey. Expressions are lacking too.

4) Better moment, but suffers the same quality issues and processing.

5) That's just weird all round. Babies and high heels?

I know this sounds incredibly harsh, but these need lots of work.

I like the idea of these shots, but agree that they all miss the mark.

1) Baby is OOF and the colours are odd - weird skin tones.

2) Weird skin tones, terrible expression and artifacts.

3) Again, odd processing and the quality looks ropey. Expressions are lacking too.

4) Better moment, but suffers the same quality issues and processing.

5) That's just weird all round. Babies and high heels?

I know this sounds incredibly harsh, but these need lots of work.

I was about type virtually the same. Especially number 5, the girl on the right looks as if she is being forced to pose by her captors.

Thanks all for all tge feedback.
1. Logo has been changed this week. Im working on my re branding. Will revisit the RAW file and re edit.

2. Thanks for feedback. I think I need to work more in post.

3.not sure ropey is?

4. I cant see what isn't level. The vinyl suffered from the post box. Im not sure how to correct it? The room I shot these in was very small. I used my 50mm with these.

5. This is on mummys request. I have seen this shot dine b4 so waa ok to incorporate it.

I will check the colour cast on the top 3. These have all been resized so quality is low. I will re edit them and post back.

Thanks all so much for the feedback.

Back