Calling All Pentax & Samsung Users!!!!!!!

moojii said:
what flash is compatible with the gx-10?

When I got a flash for my K10D (equivalent to GX-10) the main options seemed to be the Pentax flashguns and Sigma. Both do dedicated models that are fully compatible with Pentax and Samsung. I opted for the top of the range Sigma since it was cheaper than the corresponding Pentax model.

Waiting for the K5 II in October to join the ranks!

they are all quite expensive...i have a budget circa £70...any suggestions?

that works ok with the p-ttl?

Link to Metz page

Different versions for Canon, Nikon, Olympus/Panasonic/Leica, Pentax and Sony
It goes without saying that the respective camera manufacturer’s sophisticated flash lighting technology can also be employed with the appropriate version of the mecablitz 36 AF-5 digital, in addition to several special functions, such as first and second shutter curtain synchronisation. Thus the 36 AF-5 digital offers E-TTL for Canon – i-TTL for Nikon – P-TTL for Pentax – four thirds TTL for Olympus/Panasonic/Leica and ADI for Sony.

moojii said:
mike....will i need a diffuser to use on it?

Must've had a "senior moment" on my earlier post because it turns out I've got the same Metz 58 like Mike, not a Sigma. I bought a Sto-fen Omnibounce to use with mine. Just slots on and gives a more diffuse light.

Must've had a "senior moment" on my earlier post because it turns out I've got the same Metz 58 like Mike, not a Sigma. I bought a Sto-fen Omnibounce to use with mine. Just slots on and gives a more diffuse light.

lovely, thanks

Just took delivery of Samsung GX10 ,been trying it out ,not sure if camera has a fault or not ...I'll try and explain .
Firstly ,when focusing is set to center,the focus blink if you like ,it's off center to the left almost touching the center ring ,also ,when i set camera to continuous shoot ,after about 10 shots the camera shuts down with the message on the rear screen saying battery is depleted (tried this 3 time ,each time with a fully charged battery) :shrug:,but ..if i fire off single shots one after another it's fine ,same when i fire off loads of flash shots .
If this makes sense ... Does anyone have any ideas ,i've e-mailed the company i bought it from ,just waiting for their reply ..

Cheers :)

Something is definitely misaligned if the red focus dot is that far off centre. I'd be a bit wary of it - does the camera look in good condition otherwise?

Using a Pentax K10D currently with an 18-55 lens, and a Sigma 75-300 f4, interested in getting a 10-20 lens as well. Started off with a Pentax K1000 and then moved on to a Program A which I still have gathering dust in its box.

Started with PENTAX in 1961 with the S3 and 55mm f1.8 Super-Takumar, had an S1a, now have SV, Spotmatic I, Spotmatic F,ME body, ME Supers. MX. LX, won free a Program A ( now defunct), P30n, Zoom 90, MZ-5, 6x7 Mk I and II, K10D bought 2007 still going.

Started out with a K30 and kit lens. Added a DA50-200, and a DA 50 recently which I've been more impressed by.

Now just need to find the time to learn how to use it all properly.

I changed to a Pentax based system last year with a K3, Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 and Tamron 70-200mm f2.8. I wondered how many other Pentax users there were out there? Given the activity on this thread, I'm guessing not too many!

Simon.

.co.uk ... Pop on over and say hello ;)

There is another larger forum (Pentax forms) but that is mainly USA/Canada based.

I'm already registered there, but must start using it

Cheers,

Simon.

Still using my K-01 with XS 40mm and old 18-55 kit lens from 2006, also can't believe how fast the focussing is now since the FW updates

I am just making the switch back to Pentax, going to keep my m43rds for creative (Lensbaby & Fisheye) stuff though.

I have purchased a K50, not held one or tried one but I had a K5II with a K30 as a backup before so hopefully I am not in for disappointment. I will then see if the future brings me a K3 but going to focus on getting a 50-135 again first.

I am just making the switch back to Pentax, going to keep my m43rds for creative (Lensbaby & Fisheye) stuff though.

I have purchased a K50, not held one or tried one but I had a K5II with a K30 as a backup before so hopefully I am not in for disappointment. I will then see if the future brings me a K3 but going to focus on getting a 50-135 again first.

That happens quite a lot, the amount of Pentax users I have seen move to different systems and then back again is considerable.
I had a K-3 for a short while but sold it to buy another K-5IIs ... the K-3 is an excellent camera but the jump to 24MP meant a small loss in high ISO performance and dynamic range. Saying that I may just get another for the airshow season (it's a toss up between that or part ex on my 7D for a 7D MKII).

Welcome back Strum Strum :wave:

There does seem to be quite a few people who return to Pentax, having moved around various systems. I think there's something nice about the bodies compared to other brands.

Hoping for some more news from Pentax at the forthcoming CP+. The new midrange camera announced at CES looks pretty tasty.

Taken on my 1960's S3 + 105mm f2.8 Pre-set Takumar and Tri=X in Promicrol -- scanned from 10x8" darkroom print, won prize in Photo Salons.
Tony by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Taken on my LX + 120mm f2.8 SMC Pentax-M and HP5 -- won a prize in UK Press Gazette with this, a Canon electronic typewriter !

Action Girls by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Taken on a ME Super + 135mm f3.5 SMC Pentax-M and outdated Fuji 100 print film -- won £ 2000-00 Lowepro Vouchers with this in 2007 !

Sinulog Faces by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Who says you need expensive £ 2000-00 odd CANON or NIKON Digital to win !

Another long time K-mount afficianado here...

Chinon CP-7m, Z-10, Z-20, Z-1p, Z-1, MZ-S, *ist D, *ist DL, K10D, K20D, K-5, K-3. Still have the Z-1p, Z-1 and K-5, K-3.

Seduced by FF D3 five years ago. Recently bought a D7100 as back-up F-mount. Despise the bloody thing, what possessed Nikon to market a camera with a 5 raw shot buffer. Even if it has 100% AF and high FPS, it won't go until all 5 shots have cleared the buffer, I can take 30 shots on the K-3 in the same time.

absolutely chuffed to bits with my K-50, it has reignited the going out snapping wildlife flame in me.. something that is missing for me with mirrorless systems.

16375551466_83942db82f_c.jpg

Back