Camear Upgrade

Name
Michelle
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just sold my 400D which I used as back up for my 40D but I am now without a back-up camera

So.......the question is seeing as I am venturing into wedding photography, do I

A) Buy a 5D and have the 40D as back-up
B) Buy a 50D and have the 40D as back-up
C) Buy another 40D as back-up and put my money into some quality lenses?

I have so far been advised to put the money into the 'glass' not the body

What are your thoughts on this
Any advise would be great

Many thanks in advance
Michelle

www.fineimagephotography.co.uk

I have a 40D and have been having simlar thoughts. What I end up asking myself is - what am I most frustrated with when shooting for work or play? The answer - lack of lighting optons and lack of L glass. My own solution is therefore to expand both lighting bits and bobs and/or L glass. I only have a couple of lenses at the moment - a 17-85 IS which is great for walkbout and also a 70-200 L IS which is superb. The image quality from L glass is outrageous in comparison to non L - so much more light, clarity, colour and vividness(is this a word?). I am going to get some L glass for the lower end.
What do you find most or more frustrating with your current results? Also, do you really need a back up?

Well lens wise I have Canon 28-135mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 and a Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro so I was thinking that I should maybe save for the Canon 24-105mm and get rid of the 28-135mm cos that's just my general walk about lens, the 70-200mm is what I use mainly at the horse shows that I have just started doing.

I don't think I would like to do the wedding photography with out a back up camera - but having said that my mate (also a photographer) has agreed to do 2nd tog at weddings with me.
I am toying with the whole L Lens things and may also save to get the 20-200 L IS

The thing I fond most frustrating is not having a general lens that I can leave on the camera for the duration of a wedding - at current Iam having to swap and change around alot which I think is wasting me valuable shooting time.

Like I said thought I am really new to all of this so any advise what so ever would be fantastic, so thank you for your post
Regards
SS

It's not the focal length you need to be too concerned about for weddings but the aperture. Something under f2.8 is great unless you *** to be shooting with flash all the time or at really high ISOs

Start of the summer I had 1 40D and 2 Sigma lens's, I know have 2 40D's and 2 Canon L Glass len's, without doubt the best decision I have made (cost a few £'s though)

Back