Camera Bag For Cycling

Edit My Images
Yes
Am on the look out for a new camera bag that means I can take my 60D out and about with me whilst on my bike.. Often the camera gets left at home because I can't find an ideal solution at the moment.

Have been looking at numerous bags, most recently the lowepro photosport series. I want the bag to have room for carrying some non photographic bits.

Can anyone recommend any other brands to look at that make similar bags? Have tried getting an insert to go in a normal rucksack but couldn't find anything with correct size.

I bought a Lowepro Slingshot 100 from the classifieds for 20 quid, butchered it with some strong scissors and a Stanley knife just leaving the camera storage section
Left the small front pocket attached for bits and bobs and kept the fold away waterproof cover for added weather protection when inside the rucksack
Works a treat as an insert in a normal rucksack and better constructed than most of the inserts I have seen.

Goes longways in an old Camelbak HAWG or width ways in a larger rucksack, just the job

Last edited:
For active use outdoors I use a Lowepro Dryzone Rover, cameras at the bottom in a watertight compartment, another compartment at the top for personal gear. The thing which I really like is having the cameras in a watertight compartment means I can put a hydration pack in the top and even if I managed to burst it, or it leaked, the cameras would stay dry. It might be an answer for you?

One of those Rover Dryzone bags in the classifieds for fifty quid, looks like a right bargain to me (not mine I should add)

For active use outdoors I use a Lowepro Dryzone Rover, cameras at the bottom in a watertight compartment, another compartment at the top for personal gear.

Just gonna look em up now. Like the idea of the camera being in a waterproof section especially if you've a hydration pack on board! I see the photosport has a hydration pack area, not waterproof section tho, which would be a concern!! Water leak = £££!!

One of those Rover Dryzone bags in the classifieds for fifty quid, looks like a right bargain to me (not mine I should add)

Cheers will take a look..

I put my camera bag in the bike box mounted on a pannier on the back of my bike.
Its waterproof, lockable....sort of, and offers some amount of hard protection.

I put my camera bag in the bike box mounted on a pannier on the back of my bike.
Its waterproof, lockable....sort of, and offers some amount of hard protection.

Now I did think about that, does it not suffer from the vibration tho?

Now I did think about that, does it not suffer from the vibration tho?
Yep, but it fits in pretty tight, all the stuff in the bag is padded and squashed together, I don't reckon its any worse than the clattering about any bag or backpack would get.
Course, if your stuff is just loose and skidding about in the bag, half a mile on a rough track wouldn't do it much good.

I gotta say though, there is inherant risk in cycling with your kit where ever you put it, the only safe place is back at home :)

Back