Can a cable release be extended

Name
Edit My Images
No
the answer is i susspect yes, but is there any reason,it shouldn't be, ie it wont work.
Reason I ask, my family were held at knifepoint, whilst our PO was robbed.
I have an old 300D which I want to mount on the wall, so we can capture an image of any suspect, bogus customers in the future.
I can make a mount ok, but I want to counter sink the cable release, and if it is available,( havent looked yet)the power supply.
I can ofcourse get this done by a pro company, but as the PO wont pay for it, I thought I would do it myself.
thanks

If you can't be bothered making the cable yourself, do what I did and have a look over at ebay, I bought a 5m extension for my cable release for my 400D for a couple of quid :)

What about an air release? You can usually get these in long lengths.
Look at THIS for some idea!

isn't the cable release for a EOS 300D just a stereo jack-plug? If so, surely you could just get an audio extension cable jack plug one end, socket the other, and use it to extend the cable release's captive cable.
l

Make up your own extension. You can use a male and female stereo jack pin connector.

I have also seen Canon eTTL flash cords extended in ame way but using a 5 pin DIN connector.

Hi I was Sorry to here this on the radio, hope all are OK after that
Can you not set up a video say VHS with long play set you can get tapes that will give you a long time have say 7 tapes numbered one for each day keeping for a week you know if you need to look them over.
I have seen this set up before.

Funnily enuf, I just made an extension to my 40D remote. I already had a 5m S-video lead so I bought two female ends from fleabay cut the remote cord and soldered the ends on.

I think the 40D connector is a N3?

Works fine!

the answer is i susspect yes, but is there any reason,it shouldn't be, ie it wont work.
Reason I ask, my family were held at knifepoint, whilst our PO was robbed.
I have an old 300D which I want to mount on the wall, so we can capture an image of any suspect, bogus customers in the future.
I can make a mount ok, but I want to counter sink the cable release, and if it is available,( havent looked yet)the power supply.
I can ofcourse get this done by a pro company, but as the PO wont pay for it, I thought I would do it myself.
thanks

and when you get the camera working ok , install a flamethrower as well to nape the *******s :LOL:

Back