Can you help me/point in the right direction.

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there anywhere where I can contact various race drivers or magazines that may want shots from a particuler meeting. I only want it to be club level. Its just a thought. Oh and can you not move this as it will get much better replys here please!!
Thanks Matt

There isn't a secret forum just for race drivers.

Try ten-tenths but most of the race series have their own forums and message boards.

A race driver will get several togs trying to sell them prints on a race weekend. It gets a bit annoying as they don't seem to understand that you may be busy working on the car.

buy yourself a domain and a hosting package. Get one that gives email addresses as well. Then you can sign up.

A basic package will only cost a couple of quid a month, and one sale a month will pay for itself.

Once you have a website you can leave people business cards so they can try and find pictures of them.

ten tenths is the grumpiest forum in the world. if you go on there asking for drivers details they will have you banned before you can say POTN

also, dont forget that the conditions of your ticket are that you arent allowed to shoot for commercial purposes.

also (and you know me well enough by now to know i'm not just trying to be rude) but i would work on my technique (and possibly upgrade my equipment a little) before you try and sell the pics.

Ten-Tenths - grumpy? Never! :p

My brother has an online feud with some guy on ten-tenths who thinks hanging a carbon fibre F3 car on the wall won't do it any harm, not realising that the stresses are being applied in a completely different direction to the way the car was designed.

My brother has an online feud with some guy on ten-tenths who thinks hanging a carbon fibre F3 car on the wall won't do it any harm, not realising that the stresses are being applied in a completely different direction to the way the car was designed.

dont me started on that place.

you get a ban when you collect 10 points on your license
you get 10 points for racist abuse
i got 9 points for suggesting i wanted to wear a skirt in pit lane (its a long story)
and then banned for writing a nice 'thanks to everyone for running the forum, but its really not the place for me' post.

gotta even smile that someone would even ban someone who already left :)

Actually, it won't do it any great harm, just so long as you use the right attachment points on the car. The static load of the car's own weight is fairly trivial. Mind you, it'd be messy if you forgot to drain the fluids first...............

As for racing drivers contacts, check out the SRCC Sports 2000 website (www.sports2000-srcc.com). We're mostly old gits who are flattered that anyone would take a picture of us, so we'll buy (almost) anything! Did you get any good shots of Rollo Tomasi, Swift DB2 #36 in the Pinto race at Oulton? :)

I don't think the owner has the first clue of anything! The problem is that no-one really understands how carbon fibre ages.

However, it can't do it much good - the loads are going the wrong direction to how the car was designed - and without engine its still going to be somewhere in the region of 300-350kgs.

We're out at Silverstone this weekend in our 1988 Reynard-Toyota F3 car - Carbon fibre monocoque, aluminium floor, carbon fibre / aluminium wings, fibreglass side pods / engine cover. Hewland gearbox (standard H pattern but clutchless upchanges). 480kgs without driver or fuel.

We're currently leading the championship after 2 rounds (early days) but hope that we can continue this form.

Badgerbaiter in a 'gets banned from forum' shocker! Hold the front page...

dont me started on that place.

you get a ban when you collect 10 points on your license
you get 10 points for racist abuse
i got 9 points for suggesting i wanted to wear a skirt in pit lane (its a long story)
and then banned for writing a nice 'thanks to everyone for running the forum, but its really not the place for me' post.

gotta even smile that someone would even ban someone who already left :)

Hi

Matt, i have been following your threads and pics, we were competing at oulton on the 12th, sidecar n0 . 41 , i think there will always be a demand for photos from racers. Especially from slideys :D as we get forgotten :shake:. Have you tried visor down ?

Col

Not holding a grudge then badgerbaiter...

to be totally honest with you, there is no grudge

it was a simple case of realising i didnt belong there and then leaving a polite message to say thanks to everyone (including you) for the forum.
if i'd had a grudge then i would have left a message slagging everyone off, and secondly i would have banned you from this forum (Mike is a mod on ten tenths to anyone that doesnt know). Thirdly i would have set up a new user name and caused some havoc.
I'm guessing no one saw my nice goodbye message as it was deleted and i was banned within 10 secs of posting it.

and luckily for me i finally found a forum where people are a bit more light hearted and know that a smiley at the end of a sentence means its not to be taken seriously.

If only i'd found TPF before POTN and TT then i wouldnt have been banned from 2 forums :)

Hi

Matt, i have been following your threads and pics, we were competing at oulton on the 12th, sidecar n0 . 41 , i think there will always be a demand for photos from racers. Especially from slideys :D as we get forgotten :shake:. Have you tried visor down ?

Col

no one forgets you, they are just too scared to talk to you because you are such a bunch of nutters!! :)

and luckily for me i finally found a forum where people are a bit more light hearted and know that a smiley at the end of a sentence means its not to be taken seriously.

If only i'd found TPF before POTN and TT then i wouldnt have been banned from 2 forums :)

Have got some sort of internet ASBO??

Hi

Col

Hmm i wonder if i got any pictures of you? I shalll check when i get home!

I don't think the owner has the first clue of anything! The problem is that no-one really understands how carbon fibre ages.

However, it can't do it much good - the loads are going the wrong direction to how the car was designed - and without engine its still going to be somewhere in the region of 300-350kgs.

We're out at Silverstone this weekend in our 1988 Reynard-Toyota F3 car - Carbon fibre monocoque, aluminium floor, carbon fibre / aluminium wings, fibreglass side pods / engine cover. Hewland gearbox (standard H pattern but clutchless upchanges). 480kgs without driver or fuel.

We're currently leading the championship after 2 rounds (early days) but hope that we can continue this form.

:woot: Keep up the good work!! I may come to the meet at Oulton in August.

Actually, it won't do it any great harm, just so long as you use the right attachment points on the car. The static load of the car's own weight is fairly trivial. Mind you, it'd be messy if you forgot to drain the fluids first...............

As for racing drivers contacts, check out the SRCC Sports 2000 website (www.sports2000-srcc.com). We're mostly old gits who are flattered that anyone would take a picture of us, so we'll buy (almost) anything! Did you get any good shots of Rollo Tomasi, Swift DB2 #36 in the Pinto race at Oulton? :)

Cheers (y) I shall look when i get in!

:woot: Keep up the good work!! I may come to the meet at Oulton in August.

Please do!

I'm writing a review of the Monoposto Racing season which I hope to get published in small quanties (maybe about 50 copies), and am looking for photo contributions from anyone. Can't pay anyone (budget - what budget ?!) but everyone would get credited.

Meanwhile, I've got a 4AM start for Silverstone on Sunday - hope the weather is OK as its my first event trackside. Means a lot of rushing around! Thankfully the car seems to be reliable - everyone else seems to fiddle needlessly between practise and race and I'm sure that if they stopped they'd get better results. We do a fluid check and a critical bolt check and set tyre pressures shortly before going to the assembly area.

Please do!

I'm writing a review of the Monoposto Racing season which I hope to get published in small quanties (maybe about 50 copies), and am looking for photo contributions from anyone. Can't pay anyone (budget - what budget ?!) but everyone would get credited.

Meanwhile, I've got a 4AM start for Silverstone on Sunday - hope the weather is OK as its my first event trackside. Means a lot of rushing around! Thankfully the car seems to be reliable - everyone else seems to fiddle needlessly between practise and race and I'm sure that if they stopped they'd get better results. We do a fluid check and a critical bolt check and set tyre pressures shortly before going to the assembly area.

Have fun (y) Thats brill, i shall defiantly try to get there now.

I've been told I'm getting a trackside pass for Silverstone on Sunday too, although I'm not holding my breath on it. I'll with the Ma5daracing boys, so maybe see you there!

Have your free tickets turned up yet? I'll have 40D, Monopod and Sigma 100-300, blue jacket if dry, purple rainproof jacket if wet. I'm really only interested in the Monoposto races. Associated with red Reynard 883 in the Mono 2000 championship, car 41. Maybe see you there?

Andrew, have a good time trackside, sure I've posted about this elsewhere ;)

Shaun

Hi

Col

Cpuld i have your email address please. I have one of you :)

Can i have your email address i have a few of you :)

Hey, good luck for the weekend! As for those early Reynard F3 chassis, understanding their life expectancy is crucial. The resin systems were not too special, nor the construction methods. In period, the quick guys would throw the chassis away at mid-season as the amount of internal delamination reduced the stiffness significantly. This is the primary reason why I would never race one of these cars, as you can't easily inspect for damage. My Sports 2000 Swift (aluminium/steel chassis) is the proverbial brick outbuilding by comparison.....

On a general point, great quality photography. I suggest you get along to any Historic meeting (Masters etc). The people running there are probably your best potential source of income from your fine work! Meanwhile, keep taking pics of S2000!!

Rollo Tomasi (Swift DB2 #36) :)

Hi Matt

Cheers, fastbikebits@fsmail.net

Sidecar no.41 , we're not nutters .....honest :bonk:

We do get offered pics at the circuit and at certain meets, the best we had was a guy offering a disc of upto 50 pics for £20 which we thought was pretty good, THE PICS WERE GREAT (you fill in a form before the meet requesting pics) . Quite a few guys took up that offer as they are great for web sites and the like.

Col

Have your free tickets turned up yet? I'll have 40D, Monopod and Sigma 100-300, blue jacket if dry, purple rainproof jacket if wet. I'm really only interested in the Monoposto races. Associated with red Reynard 883 in the Mono 2000 championship, car 41. Maybe see you there?

Nope noting turned up yet, I'm meant to get there and call one of the Ma5daracing guys and they will gie me my pass then, will look out for you!

Back