Canadian Lancaster at Durham Tees Valley

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Had a great day at DTV Airport yesterday where VERA was the guest of honour. Although there was only 2 passes, the one was directly over our heads and the other was an awesome sweeping topside, a short 'display' but one I'll never forget. The weather was an issue and it started raining as she was getting ready to depart, thankfully she made it up. After landing she was towed back in and we were just allowed to wander around her, getting close up and getting photos, no cones, no ropes, brilliant.

Sad to hear of her 'issues' today. :(

1. 1/10th in a rugby scrum is never much fun...
Engine Run by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Take Off by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Departing by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

B & W by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Topside by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Head On by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Superb images. I
saw her as she headed back to DTVA after her engine failure today :(

Thanks. :) Yes it wasn't the greatest of days for the old girl, she came over our house on the way back in, no sign of smoke though. They're starting an engine change tomorrow so fingers crossed she'll be back in the air soon.

Wow these are some the best shots i've seen so far of Vera. Love the full discs on the first one and the others aren't to shabby either.

Just found out that she had an engine problem today and that she won't be flying this weekend, the main reason why am going to Shoreham, Sh1t happens! still at least she is in one piece and can be fixed. I will have to try for Duxford.

Why don't they let the Canadians do a solo or even a couple of solo passes like this at other airshows? Would be fantastic.

5 and 7 for me. Would like to see 4 in colour, seems wrong to B&W it!

Thanks. :) Yes it wasn't the greatest of days for the old girl, she came over our house on the way back in, no sign of smoke though. They're starting an engine change tomorrow so fingers crossed she'll be back in the air soon.

Well that sucks :( Was looking forward to getting shots of her over this weekend as she was due to appear at Shoreham Airshow!

Back