B&W Candid: old man at the bar

Nicely captured Peter - love the DOF you've created to isolate the guy from everything else.. it really brings out his expression/thoughts.. (y)

Great image - he comes across as looking very sad so a really good example of life (y)

Yes - like it, and looks a good B&W conversion to me.

Only thing I can think of that would add significantly would be his glass - empty, full or half empty/half full - wouldn't matter; it would just add the extra bit of context.

But I know as well as anyone that this is being wise after the event and I would have been very pleased to have taken the shot myself.

(EDIT + maybe tone down the bokeh highlights - bit distracting:))

Great character shot Peter. Good DOF and a great expression.

Steve

Very nice shot mate, you've definitely captured a good, thoughtful expression!
Agree with Elines about maybe toning down the bokeh highlights a tad (maybe a bit of masked blur?) but aside from that, the composition works well & the character is good. Nicely done.

Thanks both to Simon and Mike - I had a play with the highlights, and because everything I did seemed to make things worse, I've decided (totally impartially, obviously) that Simon is correct and that the highlights are just peachy :)

Thanks both to Simon and Mike - I had a play with the highlights, and because everything I did seemed to make things worse, I've decided (totally impartially, obviously) that Simon is correct and that the highlights are just peachy :)

Yes I also feel in this image they are adding that something extra. Just goes to show all our tastes are different :)

Back