Canon 15mm Fisheye Lens Cap Alternative

Name
Alex Tyler
Edit My Images
Yes
So as many will no the lens cap that comes with the canon 15mm fisheye doesn't like to stay on. At the moment i using the cap along with a small lens hoody. It works but its not the easiest or quickest to put on.

Does anyone know if the Canon 14mm L lens cap will fit, or the 8-16mm cap.? (Pinch cap) I have tried searching online but just comes up with a lot of info on just the one lens, surely this has been ask before.?

It's no and no.

I had the 14/2.8 and 15/2.8 at the same time....the cap for the 14mm was too big for the 15mm. The pinch cap on the 8-15/4 is very much larger and needs ribs on the inside of the hood on which to grip.

Bob

Get some black electrical tape and put a strip of it on the lens cap, around the rim, overlapping the rim so that half the tape is on the inside of the cap and half on the outside. (If I weren't typing on a phone, I'd draw a picture which I'm sure would be easier to follow.) Anyway a layer of tape around the rim of the cap will make it fit more snugly. If it's not snug enough, add another strip of tape.

It's no and no.

I had the 14/2.8 and 15/2.8 at the same time....the cap for the 14mm was too big for the 15mm. The pinch cap on the 8-15/4 is very much larger and needs ribs on the inside of the hood on which to grip.

Bob

Damn, thats a shame. I think a pinch cap like those would of been perfect.

Get some black electrical tape and put a strip of it on the lens cap, around the rim, overlapping the rim so that half the tape is on the inside of the cap and half on the outside. (If I weren't typing on a phone, I'd draw a picture which I'm sure would be easier to follow.) Anyway a layer of tape around the rim of the cap will make it fit more snugly. If it's not snug enough, add another strip of tape.

Think I get what you mean and how to do it. Just hoping there was a decent fix before taping it up. If you do have a pic though would love to see how it looks, will give it a go soon i think.

Thanks for the reply both.

you might be able to tape the inside edge of the cap, but i dont know what that is like

Sorted now, thanks all.

Ended up removing the felt and putting about 2 layers of electrical tape and then glued the felt back on so it looks the same.!

Back