Canon 24-105L IS or 24-70L

Name
And
Edit My Images
No
As per title, any thoughts on either lens.

Looking to treat myself in the near future and undecided which one to go for, both have their advantages -> 1 has IS the other is F2.8.

Would like the F2.8 IS if the rumours are to be believed, but think if it is true, it'll be out of my price range.

Any thoughts, past experiences would be appreciated

Cheers

I went for the 24-105, it is now my favorite lens, I wanted the longer reach and was not worried about f2.8.

With your post count Andy I would have thought this topic has passed your gaze about a thousand times. The lenses have not changed so just pick one and see if it suits. A whole lot more detail about your requirements might invoke a few more meaningful responses, but at the end of the day your choices are pretty clear given the specifications of the lenses.

Good luck with your choice.
Graham

With your post count Andy I would have thought this topic has passed your gaze about a thousand times. The lenses have not changed so just pick one and see if it suits.

Thanks Graham

Yes have seen various threads about each lens, but couldn't remember seeing / couldn't find when a direct comparison of the 2 lenses. Was hopefull some lucky person might have both !! or someone might have used both and chose one over the other - what were there reasons for?

I am going to see if a local shop has both lenses in for me to try out, but was after some personal experiences / advice before I went in - hence the thread.

Cheers

Andy

Just found a similar thread :bang:

Closing this one , no need for duplicate threads

Mods - please close

Just found a similar thread :bang:

Closing this one , no need for duplicate threads

Mods - please close

If every thread was closed because the question had been asked before, this site would be very quiet indeed.

And we haven't even got into why you should really get the 17-55 2.8 IS ;)

Back