Canon 24-70 F2.8 IS L

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I've finally recieved the cheque I have been waiting for which is to replace my knackered 28-70 2.8 Before I part with it, I read somewhere that a 2.8 IS L may be coming out, can anyone shed some light on this rumour? Google has not been my friend in this instance.

there was some marketing images of the 5dii wearing it, Q3 was the last rumour on here, so who knows! although I think we can be sure it will be pretty pricey.

Nothing official yet, which means that even if it is announced tomorrow it will be ages before you get one, and at full RRP.

I reckon it will be 24-80mm f/2.8 IS :)

I reckon it will be 24-80mm f/2.8 IS :)

You may well be right Hoppy but I'd be surprised if they pushed a wide end, fast zoom beyond a 3x unless the SWC coating (which I assume it will have) gives them the latitude to risk it.

Bob

You may well be right Hoppy but I'd be surprised if they pushed a wide end, fast zoom beyond a 3x unless the SWC coating (which I assume it will have) gives them the latitude to risk it.

Bob

It will be interesting Bob. I just say 24-80 as a light hearted guess, mainly for marketing reasons ;)

But it will be Canon's first attempt to redraw their workhorse lens for the new hi-res cameras like the 5D2 and 1Ds. In which case they might just throw everything at ultimate sharpness and try to max out their sensors with a new standard of definition.

Edit: on another subject, can you advise me on a suitable bag for my tripod? :D Take your point though ;)

From what I've read online, there will be an announcement from Canon in August, but what exactly they will announce nobody knows for sure. I have my fingers crossed for a 60D :D

so maybe the new 24..70 f2.8 will have some macro capabilities then? Doesn't seem that much use otherwise....

Back