Canon 350d - Problems

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I have the Canon 350d, and I was doing photos yesterday in my home studio of my kids and all the photos started coming out blurry because the shutter speed was about 2 seconds after clicking, resulting in blurred photos. I haven't changed any settings on the camera, i turned it off, to reposition the kids and when I turned it back on this started happening.

Another thing I have also noticed, when I have my lights ups and the umbrellas with my flash gun plugged in etc, The flash only goes off every 5 or 6 clicks, how do I make it go every click?

Thanks for any help

Flash problem: You need to give the flash time to recycle before it'll fire again.

Other problem: I don't quite understand, do you mean your shutter speed was 2 seconds?

What did you have your camera set to? perhaps you repositioned the kids somewhere darker so the camera picked a longer shutter speed?

More info needed. What equipment are you using and what exactly is happening? Your explanation is unclear/ambiguous.

And welcome to TP :)

Just a thought, when you picked up the camera again, did you accidently press the SELF TIMER button?. This is the lower of the 2 buttons to the right of the LCD display, if you have, just press it again to disable the self timer.

John :)

you might have accidently switched it into Manual or something.

what mode are you used to it being on, and what mode is it currently on ?

You've switched on the 2 sec timer mode as John has stated.

i'm confused... OP says the shutter is open for 2 seconds after pressing the shutter button which means blurry pictures.

that's not the timer as far as i can see it :|

i'm confused... OP says the shutter is open for 2 seconds after pressing the shutter button which means blurry pictures.

that's not the timer as far as i can see it :|

The OP didn't actually say "open for..." It's ambiguous. That's the problem.

...the shutter speed was about 2 seconds after clicking...

But the OP seems to have lost interest anyway :shrug:

didn't specifically say, but the timer wont make pictures come out blurry... 1/200 after a 2 second wait will still result in a picture taken at 1/200 - right ?

all the photos started coming out blurry

yes except that buy then you'd likely be moving the camera wondering what (didn't) happen.

But the OP seems to have lost interest anyway :shrug:

Might be embarrassed! useing self timer.

yes except that buy then you'd likely be moving the camera wondering what (didn't) happen.

yeah, but who realistically moves their DSLR without hearing the shutter close first...

i dont think it's the timer, i think it's the shutter speed.

Could it be that Av is selected, small aperture and non firing flash could result in 2 sec exposure.

Back