Canon 400d to laptop live view?

I don't think it is. The 400d does not support live view (40d does, 450d does I think).

However, using EOS utility, you can remotely control the aperture, iso, shutter speed etc. Then when you fire the camera through the EOS utility, it will display the picture in Zoombrowser. All you need is the EOS utility and the USB cable.

I don't think it is. The 400d does not support live view (40d does, 450d does I think).

However, using EOS utility, you can remotely control the aperture, iso, shutter speed etc. Then when you fire the camera through the EOS utility, it will display the picture in Zoombrowser. All you need is the EOS utility and the USB cable.

Hi coldpenguin,

I know my camera does not have a live view screen thats why I want to know if I can connect my camera to my computer screen via a cable and see it on screen or is this a no, as it does not have live view on back of camera?

Don't really understand what you mean about the EOS utility? Can you explain a bit so I can understand. Thanks again,

John

ps hope the first paragraph does not sound rude! Its not ment to.:)

Along with your 400D camera, you should have a cd with The following software:

Digital Photo Professional: a high-performance RAW image processing, viewing and editing software for EOS DIGITAL cameras.

EOS Utility: Software that allows you to select and download images, and crontrol samera settings and remote shooting.

ZoomBrowser EX: Software that allows you to do everything from downloading, organizing and editing images through to printing your images or sending them as e-mail attachments.

You can also download a program called Picture Style Editor from the Canon website. This is used for post production image colour control and editing.

More 'EOS Utility' Info here: http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/cameras/digital_slr/eos30d/software/eosutility.asp

I'm going one further and trying to shoot tethered directly to a 32" HDMI monitor. This may be possible using the 400D's Video Out socket! It just means that when I take a exposure it doesn't appear on the screen on the back of the camera, but appears on the monitor instead. If I crack the problem, you'll be the first to know.

Mark.

Back