Canon 40D - Wireless shutter release - advice please!

Edit My Images
No
Planning to purchase a third party wireless shutter release and would like to know if someone can advice on the same. Also if this sits into the hotshoe then how does one use an external flash?
Thanks

i think they just use hot shoe as somewhere to put the reciever, and the real stuff is done by the lead going to the remote port on the camera?

There are lots of radio remote releases about - they just plug into the camera's remote socket, often with the option to park the receiver neatly in the hot shoe but it's not making any contacts there.

A popular way is to use a flash trigger (eg Yongnuo RF-603, 603, 603ii - that many folks already have) with the appropriate cable, often supplied as part of the set.

As HoppyUK says, I use my flash triggers 'backwards' and it makes a very good wireless shutter release too. I probably get more use from the flash triggers as a remote shutter release than i do for their primary reason of existence.

Thank you all for your reply. Grabbed one from amazon. Now let the adventure begin :)

Last edited:
Back