Canon 5d markiii some lens advice please!

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Just upgraded to the 5D mark iii from my trusty old 500D and just getting to grips with it, but on my old 500D I used my efs 18-55mm lens loads but the 5D doesn't take efs lenses so was wondering if anyone can suggest a suitable alternative along the same lines as my 18-55mm efs lens that will fit the 5D and that wont break the bank as funds have taken a pounding buying the 5D, all advice much appreciated!

24-105mm L perhaps?

Why did you upgrade? If you were hoping to get better image quality, the camera alone isn't enough - you'll need a better lens too. If you can't afford a better lens, then you shouldn't have gone for the 5D III, so perhaps you might want to rethink that decision before it's too late. In most situations a 6D with a 24-105 L will deliver better images than a 5D III with a cheap lens. (And, come to think of it, your 500D with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 probably would, too.)

Was always my intention to upgrade my lenses as well but was hoping to be able to use what I have meantime and up to a point I can as not all my lenses are efs spec, however since starting this thread I've bought a 24-105mm L series which I have to say going by the few snaps I've grabbed with in in the last few days is a great improvement over anything I've used before so overall the decision to upgrade to the 5D and an L series lens was a good one and look forward to some great pics in the future.

Back